New Forum and site back up!

This is a place for me to tell you what is going down.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

New Forum and site back up!

Post by Mike Casey »

Well, it has been a very rough week. We had a lot of problems with our old host intersabre.com , all I can say is if you have someone you hate send them there to get their webhosting. I have never in my life been treated so badly by someone I was purchasing a service from.

Anyhow, unfortunately our ONLY usable backup of the database was over 2yrs old. On top of that, none of the pictures moved over due to a mod that was installed on the old forum that did not translate to this new format. I do however have a 400meg backup of all the pictures from the old site. First of all, I am going to catagorize all the pics and include them in the newly updated legends section of the site. Secondly, here is a link to all the old files so you can browse them! http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/memories/files

A lot of members profiles are missing as well. So there are many of you that will need to re-register... I am VERY sorry to everyone for the inconvenience of having to re-register and for losing all our data for the past 2 years. All I can ask is to please continue to be active on the forum and we will build this thing back up.

There are lots of things going on with Quarterscale Legends and Legendary Reproductions right now and I think the future looks bright!! Many great years to come! I want to thank EVERYONE for their awesome support over the years.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Muddy
Legacy Member

Re: New Forum and site back up!

Post by Muddy »

Gday Mike,

I had to re register, nothing too hard about that...
Look at it like a spring clean...all the jibber jabber has gone!
The fellas know you're on a winner here, so I'm sure over time they'll be able to get the files and images back up where they belong.

All the best

Daz
Go hard...or GO HOME!!!
acc
1/4 scale guru

Post by acc »

I assumed it was down and waited for it to get back up. It sucks about all the lost info/ resources. It would be good to start pooling and categorizing things such as links, shops, resources and FAQ in a sticky so things are easier to find for new comers as well as old timers just looking to find some more information they might have forgotten.

It will save a bit of time with people asking the same things.

Had to sign up again also.. It looks like all user accounts for the last 2 yrs are gone.
Last edited by acc on August 5th, 2009, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hrem, Yes.. I see.
stoneyberk
Legacy Member

Post by stoneyberk »

My login worked fine mike. Although i can't seem to locate where i can set up my avatar... HELP!!!!
The forum looks great :D
Floyd's Autobody/Service Center
Custom Graphics By Design Unlimted
http://www.quarterscaleprostreetberetta.com/
Please light a candle for our dear friend '' Buddy ''
http://buddyone.pets-memories.com/
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

thank you for you great job Mike, making 1/4 scale cars much more known and apreciated!
computers and networks are hard to manage, a forum and a website too! I was waiting every day this one to re-open!
so i had to re register but that's not a problem!
I will post my works in progress one more time to share my passion with all this forum members!
good luck and always riding our 1/4 cars! :mrgreen:

Stef
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Wow...The new site looks very nice, I just spent a few minutes poking around, and it looks like you're well set up for the future.

Thanks for all the hard work, Mike.... now where's that PayPal "Donate" button?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Thanks for all the support and kind comments. I have been really working hard the last week trying to get things fixed and situated. I also want to thank Mike O. for all the great help with some of the graphics. I am just sorry that I feel like I let everyone down by not having a good backup of the forum. I do know over time it will get back everything and then some.

The new forum is way more advanced then the old system. It has a lot of slick features, so I would recomend poking around and seeing what it can do. I would also like everyone to fill out their birthdates in their control panel. That is also where you will find the avitar settings, just make sure your avitar meets the requirements listed.

I also want to add that the forum and site is best viewed with the newest Internet explorer or firefox. If not, you will see ugly blocks.

As far as funding, this was all funded by the great donations over the past year. I really want to thank everyone that made this happen. This is truely a community forum.

Lastly, If you need to re-register your status will say ""Newbie" Please let me know and I will change the status accordingly.
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Mike: Great to see the site and forum back up. You've done a great job!

Thanks,
Kevin
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

no worries to remain a newbie forever!! :wink:
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies
acc
1/4 scale guru

Post by acc »

Are there going to be any other theme/ templates for the forum?

And if you like you can change mine from "newbie" to "pro" lol :p
Hrem, Yes.. I see.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

No other themes will be available for now. The problem with them is that you need to configure each one for all the mods installed and then there are too many inconsistancies.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Wonderful to see the Forum back Mike. Kevin and I were chatting on the LQSS Forum and he was going through withdrawals .......as was I!... :D
acc
1/4 scale guru

Post by acc »

QSL wrote:No other themes will be available for now. The problem with them is that you need to configure each one for all the mods installed and then there are too many inconsistancies.
Hrmm.. ok..

Not even a colour option?

I just wanna brighten it up more, I prefer light colours then dark ones :p

And its very dark in here.. I think I might need to carry a torch.. lol
Hrem, Yes.. I see.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

For a color change, it needs to change the whole theme unfortunately...
stoneyberk
Legacy Member

Post by stoneyberk »

acc wrote:
QSL wrote:No other themes will be available for now. The problem with them is that you need to configure each one for all the mods installed and then there are too many inconsistancies.
Hrmm.. ok..

Not even a colour option?

I just wanna brighten it up more, I prefer light colours then dark ones :p

And its very dark in here.. I think I might need to carry a torch.. lol
What browser are you using? If you use firefox you can change the color of your choice... Just click on the Tools tab on top right corner of the browser.. Then click, Options, Then select the content tab, Then select Colors.. Here you can change the Text & Background color... Make sure to Uncheck the boxes that say.

Use system colors
Allow pages to chose there own colors, instead of my selections above...

Then select.. Ok.. Then select OK again.. The window will close and now you will see the colors you selected...

It's simple once you get the hang of it.... I've had mine selected black for this site for ever.. Now it's set to use system colors....I never cared much for blue... Sorry Mike,, lol.lol.
Floyd's Autobody/Service Center
Custom Graphics By Design Unlimted
http://www.quarterscaleprostreetberetta.com/
Please light a candle for our dear friend '' Buddy ''
http://buddyone.pets-memories.com/