New Forum and site back up!

This is a place for me to tell you what is going down.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: New Forum and site back up!

Post by Mike Casey »

yea, the blue was a bit dated. I love the look of this one now. Good tips though that you posted.

What do you guys think of the main page of the site so far? I am working VERY hard to get it all back up and running. Its a ton of work. I had it all saved, but i decided to re-do it so it looked a bit more modern.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
stoneyberk
Legacy Member

Post by stoneyberk »

I love the colors mike... The forum & site look awesome... Only issue i have noticed so far is... In your garage page... I can't right click and save image as... Love the flash player though... I take it you haven't got the legends page completed yet?

BTW.. I forgot to mention... If anyone does change there colors on there PC as i stated... Some sites may not
display correctly... In most cases it's just the adds or banners... Who want to see them anyways!!!

Other than that... Looks very sharp mike... Now your site looks up to date... :D
Floyd's Autobody/Service Center
Custom Graphics By Design Unlimted
http://www.quarterscaleprostreetberetta.com/
Please light a candle for our dear friend '' Buddy ''
http://buddyone.pets-memories.com/
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Yeah, I can't get your "garage" page to display a big pic in the main window, just the scrolling thumbnails.

Maybe squeeze the stuff on the "home" page to the same width as the forums. When I click to the home page, I can't display it all without scrolling left to right. Like this:

Aesthetically, though, I like it much better.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Well Mike you ARE using an apple. What can I say? :lol: I actually did have it closer like that before and then I figured that everyone would mostly have high res wide screen monitors. But if you really think about it, probably not many people have them yet. I WILL fix that back to how I had it. Its just the way I designed the site, some of the legends pages will look a bit cramped, but thats better then having to scroll side to side. I am not sure why you cant see the big pic. All I can think is that its a compatibility issue. Are you running the newest version of your browser?
stoneyberk
Legacy Member

Post by stoneyberk »

Same here Mike... The same applies for the forum as well on my PC... I can save the thumbnails on your garage page... But they are just way to small to make out... Here is what my view looks like.. BTW... I have no issues viewing the big picture as Mike O stated... Mike when i had my forum a few years ago i had the same issue with the page sizes... From what i was told the only way to make it all fit within the screen is to make all your pictures/text smaller, and cramp them all together to fit the screen... Either way it don't bother me to scroll one way or another..
Attachments
Mikes Garage_1249600050848.jpg
Mikes Garage_1249600050848.jpg (132.05 KiB) Viewed 7433 times
Quarter Scale Legends_1249599848725.jpg
Quarter Scale Legends_1249599848725.jpg (118.95 KiB) Viewed 7433 times
Forum view.jpg
Forum view.jpg (103.37 KiB) Viewed 7433 times
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Thanks for the GREAT feedback guys. Yea, I will for sure change the main section of the site to fit better. But looking at your screen shots, you will still need to scroll side to side. Have you tried changing your resolution settings on your monitor to a higher setting stoney? As far as the copy of pics, I dont know how to fix that. I put the garage section on just to test the new format. The pics on that page are going to change anyhow, but I will be using that format for all picture pages. I have no way of re-sizing the forum.

Keep the comments comming!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Hmmm... I guess the big image not displaying in the "My Garage" section IS a problem with my version of Firefox, it looks like, because Safari popped them right open.

My web guy built my Grand Motorsports website at about 800 pixels width, the whole thing. Yeah, there's space around each side, but he believes people expect to have to scroll down, but having to scroll side to side AND down is a pain in the butt.

EVERYONE can view it at 800 to 900 pixels wide or so. (Whatever width this "post a reply" page is, that seems perfect.)

I also wonder about how these display on our iPhone... yeah, another Mac!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

M.R. Ogle wrote:EVERYONE can view it at 800 to 900 pixels wide or so. (Whatever width this "post a reply" page is, that seems perfect.)
I will keep that in mind tonight when I make the change. I know I set it over 1000 cant remember what though. May have been as high as 1200.

I agree, scrolling side to side is unacceptable. That does need to get fixed for sure.
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Want to see a pic of the home page on our iPhone?
Attachments
Screen Shots.jpg
Screen Shots.jpg (118.31 KiB) Viewed 7421 times
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

looks perfect! you can see all that matters... the hot chick! :D

I see that you had to rub in that your web guy has superior skills to me! :oops: Thats cool man, now I know how you roll :lol:
stoneyberk
Legacy Member

Post by stoneyberk »

No.. Never messed with the screen resolution... It's currently set at.. 1024 by 768 pixels... Most sites look great and never had to scroll side to side with this setting... Them pictures may look a bit off . I had to re-size them to 550 x 399 in order to post them here...
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

That's okay, I have NO web skills... it's all F.M. to me, LOL!!!

(F___ing Magic)
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

changes made. Let me know how it fits for you apple users :lol:
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

That was fast... fits perfectly now, it's just a scooch wider than the forum pages, but it works!
Attachments
Screen two.jpg
Screen two.jpg (95.67 KiB) Viewed 7407 times
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

great! I did have to go a bit wider to get the stuff to fit the way I wanted. Its pretty easy to change all this stuff with the software I use. It works very slick!! :wink: