Tuber cars

This area is dedictated to Quartermortar.com products and questions
quartermortar

Tuber cars

Post by quartermortar »

The tuber cars have been done for a while. Even though i build them to sell sometimes its hard to let them go. I will post them on QSL first to see if anyone there is interested and if not i'll move them. These are the prototype cars and have things on them that the production cars will not have as standard. John
Attachments
P1010176.JPG
quartermortar

Re: Tuber cars

Post by quartermortar »

more views of the T/F car.
Attachments
P1010177.JPG
P1010173.JPG
P1010171.JPG
chiefj48
1/4 scale guru

Post by chiefj48 »

SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!
kmarrs

Post by kmarrs »

that is so tuff looking cant wait to by one wished you had a payment plan and thanks for the coment couldent have dun it without you
hauler_10-4

Post by hauler_10-4 »

Sweet ride do you have a price for one of these?
quartermortar

Post by quartermortar »

The prototype T/F car that is shown is $4500.00 and the funny car is $4000.00 although the T/F pan cari is $2500.00 and the pan car funny car is $2000.00. There is some racing in Fl.. but it is 1/10 scale. They will pr4obably let you run a bracket class.
bigscale

Post by bigscale »

Hi, Could you tell me what engine the T/F Car runs, do you make the clutch unit your self. Thanks, Dale
quartermortar

Post by quartermortar »

The motor that is standard for my cars is a CY 46cc. I will put any motor in that a customer wants. I have a tuber chassis on the shelf that is setup to accept an DOHC V8 that Replica Engines is producing. The clutch on the CY 46 is stock with the motor.
lowhogg2

Post by lowhogg2 »

i think your prices are a little out of line! but thats my opinon new era didnt charge that much ! plus the way things are going with jobs an such good luck! not everyone is rich!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I dont think prices can be set based on the economy. I have never seen ferrari or lamborghini lower their prices into the 60k range just because i cant afford their going rate, but maybe i missed the email? :lol:

Johns prices are very fair for the quality of work he provides. There IS a reason why new era are not selling cars anymore... :wink:
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
lowhogg2

Post by lowhogg2 »

i am not doggin him but his funny car rollers went from 1200 to 2000! this is michigan and there are no jobs here! i make 20 dollars an hour and have had the same job for 21 years! but lets be real michigan sucks for jobs
lowhogg2

Post by lowhogg2 »

and in this day an age that could kill john fosters ! him an mike ogle designed the pan car as a affordable car to keep the sport alive! but if you jack it up then it dies! i wanted to buy one of john fosters rollers but the price went from 1200 to 2000

lowhogg2

Post by lowhogg2 »

greed kills every thing! not everyone has the money you guys do! atleast now days!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Dont forget thats a 46cc engine, parachute and investment cast aluminum wheels on that car now. I am sure he would accomidate an order with a smaller engine and plastic wheels if thats what someone wanted.

Greed?!? You must not know john or ever dealt with him. He makes less then half what you do building these cars.

EVERONE here would welcome any person that can build that car with those options for $1200 or less. They would sell like hotcakes... well until that person was sick of losing money anyway.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
lowhogg2

Post by lowhogg2 »

and i am not puttin you guys down! but in realilty not everyone has the money you guys have! so i guess this is not the hobby for everyone! you once told me my raco grand national winston cup series car was worth no more than 700.00 dallors! one of a kind but worthless! oh well !