QM customers ride

This area is dedictated to Quartermortar.com products and questions
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

QM customers ride

Post by Mike Casey »

This is Rons car and it uses some hot goodies from quarter mortar. This is one sick ride!!!!! Hopefully Ron will chime in and give us some more details on it. 8)
Attachments
IMG_5387 copy.jpg
IMG_5385 copy.jpg
IMG_5384 copy.jpg
IMG_5380 copy.jpg
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
hotrodz
Legacy Member

The Green 'Turd

Post by hotrodz »

Thanks Alan, John and Mike for getting these well travelled pics posted. I've always thought Altered drag cars were whacky, sick insane rides. This project evolved from a great idea that MRO
started..."econo-builds". I had a 1/4 scale Yankee VW body tucked away for years and got to looking at it in a different way. If I Knocked the fenders off...it would kinda look like a Fiat altered. The idea was to make a simple pan style chassis in the fashion of the 1/10 drag cars. My first chassis was thick fiberglass plate. I couldn't polish that, so I upgraded to aluminum :) . This is where the build kinda became a non-econo econo build. I pulled the NEM Hemi engine out of the back of my sock drawer and cut the chassis and hood of the body to fit the Hemi...hmmmmm... About the same time, John was releasing the QM line of wheels, wheelie bars and parachutes...absolutely NEEDED those pieces to achieve "the look". The old beat up G2D I was going to use for the build also got upgraded to a new 29cc. billet head unit.

Thanks again guys...

REGARDS...Ron
M.R. Ogle

Re: QM customers ride

Post by M.R. Ogle »

That's one GORGEOUS drag car! That's got to be the "crown Jewel" of your extensive collection of custom RC's!

Those QM rims look stunning on there!
hotrodz
Legacy Member

Post by hotrodz »

Thanks for the kind words MRO.
MRO...the 'Turd ain't my "crown jewell"...it's down the list a few notches. I know..."where's the pics of the good stuff???" lol...just waitin' for John to release the new Area 51 goodies :) .

L8R...Ron
hemifreak
Legacy Member

Post by hemifreak »

I can tell you all that this is typical type work from Ron. Over the past few years, I have been blessed to talk to Ron and see alot of his work via e-mail pix. He is awesome in his attention to detail, absolutely cuts no corners, and as you can plainly see puts out phenomenal pieces. I can only pray that God allows me to live long enough and provides me the resources to someday get up that way and visit my him in person! Fantastic job my Friend!
If it feels good...do it, if if don't... Do it till it does!
kmarrs

Post by kmarrs »

that is one mean looking ride well detailed