1/4 scale funnycar project

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Re: 1/4 scale funnycar project

Post by mad62 »

QSL wrote:this is some of the best overall work i have ever seen. VERY talented. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks mike,looking foward to getting the chassis all finished soon as i get the body done,cant wait to give this a run down our (real) local drag track,my mates run the track and have said they will move one of the sensors so we can run it through the track timing setup,
cheers mike
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Get video...

(If you don't have a video of it running, it's just a big die-cast, LOL!!!)
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

FuNkY mOnK wrote:
mad62 wrote:
FuNkY mOnK wrote:Totally professional work. Can't wait to see all the other sponsor decals applied. Did you cut out the lettering freehand? also what brand of masking tape do you prefer?
hi funky,
thanks for the comments,all the lettering is cut free hand,i could of got the lettering cut by my sign writer mate but he was busy and i didnt want to wait for the logos from him,this masking tape is a fine pin striping type,used for masking around bends and making curves and shapes out of,the thinner the masking the easier to bend aroung corners also the thinner (thickness wise) will keep you from having a thick edge left after unmasking,the green tape i used is just a standard low tack tape(both tapes are from my local auto paint supplier),this is what i hand cut the lettering out of with a very sharp modelling blade,i make the graphics on my computer,scale them to the size i want ,print them,then use that as my template for making my masking pattern,it took me about 1/2 hr to make and cut out that stencil,im keen to see also it finished with the rest of the sponsors on the body.
cheers mike
Thanks for the tips Mike, I will head to my paint supplier Monday for the tape. What program are
you using? Sorry for all the questions.
i use corel 9 or corel 12 graphic program,this is a great programe,you can go allsorts of stuff with it,
cheers mike
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

hi guys ,heres a few more pics of the body with some more graphics on,made a allloy rear wing and painted it red,not far from clearcoating now,
cheers mike
Attachments
aaaa.jpg
bbbbbb.jpg
ddd.jpg
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

hi guys,
weve just had a massive earthquake over the weekend,7.1 made bit of a mess of the city,managed to do a little bit of my car in between the after shakes and the powercuts,ive attached a few pics of the driver and starting to work on the alloy panels for the chassis,

cheers mike
Attachments
DSC02250.JPG
DSC02247.JPG
mtmoore1

Post by mtmoore1 »

That is going to be one bad hot rod! :shock:

mtmoore1
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

hi guys,
heres the windows ive started to get sorted for the car,going to use a slightly thinner lexan for the side windows as it will shape into the body better,alot of screws holding the windows in place ,just about 80 ,once work quietens down a bit i can get the car finished,usually like to get my projects together quicker than this,but there is only so many hours in the day,

cheers mike
Attachments
DSC02326.JPG
DSC02325.JPG
DSC02323.JPG
DSC02322.JPG
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Post by bentley marshall »

thats a work of art mate
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Great job so far!
One very nice body, that's for sure!
quartermortar

Post by quartermortar »

Thats what its all about. Trying to reach that level of creativity and execution . Very Very nice.
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

hi uys,
got time to get the clear coat on the body today,a few small sponsor graphics to go on the rear wing and back quarter panels,other wise just about completed the body,can put the windows in now,
Attachments
DSC02505.JPG
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Hey Mike when are you going to start on the 57 funnie. Fantastic car. Geoff
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

CALracing wrote:Hey Mike when are you going to start on the 57 funnie. Fantastic car. Geoff
hi geoff,
soon as i get this one together i will be doing a few more bodies,im also going to start my 75" rail next,
cheers mike
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

hi guys,
got a chance to make up some chutes for the funny car last night,looking a using the two black ones for on the car,ive based these on my mates real drag chutes off his funny car,still have to make the chute bags for on the rear of the car,

cheers mike
Attachments
DSC02560.JPG
DSC02559.JPG
DSC02576.JPG
DSC02564.JPG