Built New Raco Jac-Rabbit shock Towers New Photos 8-28-2010

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Built New Raco Jac-Rabbit shock Towers New Photos 8-28-2010

Post by Venomusss »

REbuilding two Jac-Rabbits. One needed shock towers. It appears those are getting really hard to find.
Here is a pic of some I made out of Aluminum.
When I get them on the car I will post some pics.

I had read somewhere on hear about some aluminum rear end housings for these cars. Anyone care to inform me??? I have never seen one. I have aluminum rear trailing arms......

Last edited by Venomusss on August 28th, 2010, 6:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Re: Built New Raco Jac-Rabbit shock Towers

Post by Venomusss »

Ok, Got them installed. Here are the pics.

Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Those are fantastic! Great work there. :P
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

That's about the nicest piece for a JacRabbit I've ever seen... Looks like jewelry!
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

I will check the weight on one in a few days. I bought enough Aluminum stock to make a few sets.
I have another pair that have been cut.
I am rebuilding the Jac-Rabbit in the photo as well as another. Since these parts are getting harder to find, I figured I would make some to have around. If anyone is interested in a set let me know. I have no idea what kind of price they would be. They take some serious time to make.

I have also done some cad drawings of a shock tower. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have some of those to work with. :D
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

I will have some more time to work on them next week. I will keep you posted.

Chris

Dreambig wrote:I'm interested in both front and rear towers. Please let me know. Thank you.

Ed

The mind grows by what you feed it, so feed it good stuff.
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

I will take some pictures of the whole car as soon as it is finshed.

These are photos of an additional bumper mount I am working on. It will accept a 1/2 thick bumper instead of the stock 1/4" I have made it in quite a few shapes and colors.
I have also mounted a foam basher to the front of the bumper for another line of protection. This bumper is much wider and protects almost the whole front wheel also.

K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

This is going to be a very nice Jac Rabbit. I'd love to see some 'full' shots of it.

Kevin
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

I have done some slight changes to the next set of Shock Towers that improves them greatly. I also am working on some other Aluminum parts. Hopefully in about a week I will post some photos of the shock towers version 2. Also, the Jac-Rabbit that I put these on is a beater Jac-Rabbit for testing. I am restoring a Jac-rabbit, that when finished I will post pics of. I will take some shots of the beater eventually.
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

Wow, This took longer than I thought. I have built some shock towers to sell.
I have done them a variety of ways which I will list below the photo. I changed the shape slightly from my first set of towers. it now is shaped more like the original tower. I also went with two of the same clamps to hold the frame rail in place. I will post some new photos of them installed soon. I will also post them in the items to sell area in complete sets as well as individual pieces.

All clamps shown with each tower have the same finish as the tower.
1st. Tower is tumbled and shows slight manufacturing marks.
2nd Same as first then anodized Blue , shows slight manufacturing marks.
3rd. Same as first then anodized Red , shows slight manufacturing marks.
4th. Polished like chrome.
5th. Polished like chrome , then anodized Blue.
6th. Polished like chrome , then anodized Red.
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Re: Built New Raco Jac-Rabbit shock Towers New Photos 7-20-2010

Post by Venomusss »

Just getting the last of the parts finished so I can complete the pricing. I will be posting these in the For Sale Area.
Here is a first draft of the installation instructions. I would appreciate feedback and suggestions. Thanks, Chris

http://audiotrip.net/downloads/Instruct ... 0Tower.pdf
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Re: Built New Raco Jac-Rabbit shock Towers New Photos 7-31-2010

Post by Venomusss »

I have made this same post in the FOR SALE thread in the forum. I also wanted it here to show the progress of the towers. :D

Hi All,
These are kits for installing Aluminum Shock Towers on the Raco Jac-Rabbit. The interest has been high and they have been selling in the Plain Aluminum Version. I just received the latest order and had upped the quantities to get the pricing a bit lower. Pricing is still no where that I want it to be. Making parts in small lots is way more expensive than I had planned.
I now have them available in six different finishes. Plain Aluminum ( Lightly Tumbled to remove burrs, manufacturing lines show ), Red Anodized Plain Aluminum, Blue Anodized Plain Aluminum, Polished, Polished Red Anodized and Polished Blue Anodized. The photo does not do justice to the red & blue colors. they look much brighter than the photo.
The prices are as follows and include USPS Priority Mail Shipping.
PLAIN ALUMINUM $140.00
RED ANODIZED $175.00
BLUE ANODIZED $175.00
POLISHED $225.00
RED POLISHED $250.00
BLUE POLISHED $250.00
You get everything in the photos listed below.
The installation instructions can be found here:
Installation is pretty simple. There is a slight mod to your existing bumper and possibly the body. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
I also have them listed on Ebay for higher prices to make up for all the Ebay/Paypal Charges.
If your interested, contact me at venomusss@att.net or PM me. I accept checks, Money Orders and Paypal. I will furnish a Paypal address upon request.
If response is good to these , I will make more parts for the Jac-Rabbit. Thanks, Chris venomusss@att.net

Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Built New Raco Jac-Rabbit shock Towers New Photos 8-28-2010

Post by Mike Casey »

those look REALLY good! Are you going to make a rear shock tower next. Damn, that would make one sweet set!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Re: Built New Raco Jac-Rabbit shock Towers New Photos 8-28-2010

Post by Venomusss »

QSL wrote:those look REALLY good! Are you going to make a rear shock tower next. Damn, that would make one sweet set!

Thanks! Next are front bumpers and then.......................... I have a few designs on the computer for a Rear Shock Tower / Engine Mounting Plate. I think it might be cost prohibitive to make though. :(
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Re: Built New Raco Jac-Rabbit shock Towers New Photos 7-31-2010

Post by Venomusss »

Ok, I have sold out of the initial small run of Shock Tower Kits.
I have to send a Thanks to everyone that purchased them. So far it seems everyone was happy with their kits.
Thanks to Mike, his wife and daughter for the great review of their Shock Tower kit!
Since I sold the initial run a little faster than I expected.... I have made a much larger second run.
This should allow me to lower the prices and reach a larger customer base. These things are expensive to make!
The majority were sold on Ebay at higher prices than I have here on this site to make up for Ebay Charges. If anyone is interested or knows anyone interested, please suggest buying them from me personally instead of on Ebay and save some money. :D I will edit the prices on this post as well in the For Sale area in a few days.
Thanks Again to All,
Chris

Venomusss wrote:I have made this same post in the FOR SALE thread in the forum. I also wanted it here to show the progress of the towers. :D

Hi All,
These are kits for installing Aluminum Shock Towers on the Raco Jac-Rabbit. The interest has been high and they have been selling in the Plain Aluminum Version. I just received the latest order and had upped the quantities to get the pricing a bit lower. Pricing is still no where that I want it to be. Making parts in small lots is way more expensive than I had planned.
I now have them available in six different finishes. Plain Aluminum ( Lightly Tumbled to remove burrs, manufacturing lines show ), Red Anodized Plain Aluminum, Blue Anodized Plain Aluminum, Polished, Polished Red Anodized and Polished Blue Anodized. The photo does not do justice to the red & blue colors. they look much brighter than the photo.
The prices are as follows and include USPS Priority Mail Shipping.
PLAIN ALUMINUM $140.00
RED ANODIZED $175.00
BLUE ANODIZED $175.00
POLISHED $225.00
RED POLISHED $250.00
BLUE POLISHED $250.00
You get everything in the photos listed below.
The installation instructions can be found here:
Installation is pretty simple. There is a slight mod to your existing bumper and possibly the body. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
I also have them listed on Ebay for higher prices to make up for all the Ebay/Paypal Charges.
If your interested, contact me at venomusss@att.net or PM me. I accept checks, Money Orders and Paypal. I will furnish a Paypal address upon request.
If response is good to these , I will make more parts for the Jac-Rabbit. Thanks, Chris venomusss@att.net