Blast from the Past

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
M.R. Ogle

Blast from the Past

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Does anyone remember the legendary Dodge Fever model built by Jim Keeler in 1969?
http://www.themodelcarmuseum.org/Models ... df/df.html

I'm going to do a Q-scale version. I just started on the body today. Here's a Photoshop mock-up.
InsaneMB

Re: Blast from the Past

Post by InsaneMB »

Looks like a cool project. I noticed on the original car that the cockpit sits just about in the center of the chassis. Do you plan to move the entire roofline forward?...or just stretch the front end? A rear engine chassis?
Insane Model Builder
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

No, that's where this one will be different, more streamlined. Mine started with a chopped-top funny car body (Corvette) with a low, set-back roofline, instead of a full-size Dodge Coronet as did Keeler's model.

So, it's not an exact replica, just "in the manner of" the original Dodge Fever. I may actually make some other details different, too, like putting the motor in the front .
Juiced Drag Racing
Legacy Member

Post by Juiced Drag Racing »

Interesting...................................

Juiced
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Post by PaulSongas »

This is going to be an outstanding project. I'm sure the final result will be nothing but awesome!
NHRA # P582