Early Camaro Body

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Early Camaro Body

Post by Mike Casey »

I am dropping the plug off the week of july 5th. Bodies should be ready 2-3 weeks after that. I will need payment from everyone by next week sometime. Lets say 06-24-11. That way i have cash in hand when i drop this thing off. Currently if everyone comes through we are at $290 plus shipping per body. I ONLY need the $290 right now and we will sort out shipping when they ship.

Generally my experience is that bodies sell when the mold is first available. Beyond that, sales are very slow. Maybe one a year. That is the reason i am asking everyone to chip in on the tooling like this. Bodies in the future will be sold at this current price and all profit from any of those will go to Mike O.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
speedy
1/4 scale guru

Post by speedy »

I'm fine with this i just need some banking info from who the money needs to be sent to to cover my end of it... keep in mind i'm in shanghai and don't have paypal here so it's much easier for me to send by bank or western union to who it needs to go to ...again thanks for the hard work on which i think is a killer body
Tommy
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Ok guys, tomorrow is the 24th and i have only recieved ONE payment so far. Still waiting on 6 more...
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

ck your pm.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

yours is the one...
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Well that isn't good. Hey guys time to get off your butts and send the money.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

3 DOWN :)
speedy
1/4 scale guru

Post by speedy »

OK Mike where able to use pay pal here i am going to the bank tomorrow to make sure and find out what i need to do to convert from chine money in to dollars for the pay pal from my bank here and will send to you plz PM your info
thanks
Tommy
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I have 3 payments in hand. that makes us REALLY short. I am dropping off the plug this week. Either way this is going to happen because i already made a comitment to the mold maker.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

2 orders have backed out and waiting on payment for 3 more. This will increase the price of the per body price. i might be willing to buy those extra two if i can talk julie into it. The price of the bodies are already stupid, so i dont want anyone to have to spend more. I will keep you guys updated. I will know for sure after i drop off the plug. This is scheduled to happen tomorrow (saturday)

thanks.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

dropped the plug off today. a 3hr round trip turned into much longer thanks to california traffic. The plug needs a bit more finishing before he makes the mold so he is going to spend some quality time on it so we get some decent bodies. It looks to me the wood backing may have reacted to the humidity or something because there were a few more cracks then i remembered. Buts its going to get cleaned up nice. I hope to have pics next week. he was starting it today. He said 2 weeks to complete the project including all the bodies...

Just some background... the guy doing the work is not a general fiberglass / body guy. He is more of an artist with a very large list of unique techniques. The samples of his work i saw made our car project look extremely simple. I am excited to see how he does... or more importantly, how fast!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

here are a few shots from the moldmaker. This is going to be a very interesting mold as it has a fiberglass skelleton with silicone inside. The reason for this is so that there will be no seams in the finished body.

We only recieved payment for 4 bodies so unfortunately we are quite short. That plus there were some un anticipated costs involved with smoothing the body a bit before working on tooling. Needless to say, these few bodies will probably be the last offered through LRU. After that, i think i will be closing down that money pit :)
Attachments
cmold00003.jpg
cmold00002.jpg
cmold00001.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

$290 plus shipping is what i agreed to sell them at unfortunately. Let me know though because i am trying to see if he will allow me to lower the amount ordered because the price quoted was based on the pm's i recieved from people that wanted them originally.

This guy is a real pro. Does stuff for the movie industry. I kinda downplayed his work before to be on the safe side, but i knew he was going to do a real nice job...
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

wow you're right Mike this guy know what he does! real PRO technique. i'm starting working with RTV silicone rubber and theses pics speak to me! i would have been glad to take one body but with delivery to France it would cost me a lot...same problem as chevy55...i have to find stuff on East Coast so i can bring them to France nearly for free...
hard job to sell big rc car bodies (pleasure to build)
Stef
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

first test body out of the mold. The discoloration you see is pva film still on it. This just washes off.
Attachments
2011-07-28 17.08.10.jpg