Early Camaro Body

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Re: Early Camaro Body

Post by CALracing »

Mine got here and it kinda looks like Cryo-teks but his is missing a hole in the side and bondo falling off the front spoiler, maybe its closer to Mikes. That guy need to stick to holloween masks or get a job at Walmart. I don't know if I should throw it away or use it for a planter, nah can't do that the dirt would fall out the hole in the side. Geoff
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

The quality was the same on all of them. Either you just cant see the flaws in cryo's from the pic or something got damaged in shipping from calracing. None of the bodies were very good. it was huge struggle to get them to that point. Yet again, reson 1 why i dont offer anything for sale anymore. Its too much of a hassle to get someone to do good work, you lose money on every deal and i just have better stuff to do.

Oh yea, did i mention the lru molds are for sale? You could be the next making millions!!! LOL!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

QSL wrote:looks pretty good there!

Here is a pic of mine. Its the mold in its permanent resting spot.... :lol: :lol: :lol: That represents $1500 sitting there out of my own pocket. Thinking back now, i should have brought it to the shooting range instead. For now on, thats my new rule!
:shock: a shame to see a mold in a bin... but i understand your point of view.
Stef
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies
cryo-tek
1/4 scale guru

Post by cryo-tek »

The picture of my Camaro body is of the good side. I also didn’t show the nose of the car for a good reason :wink: . I do have to give the guy who made the bodies credit, he knows how to make a monster!

So Mike what did you do with the mold? The monster mash? :lol:

Joking aside, Mike deserves credit for all the work he did to get these bodies made and all the effort to get them fixed for the three of us who wanted them. Thanks Mike!! :)

Yes Mike, I know the other molds are still for sale. I just need some one to go in with me on them or I need to raise a bit more money.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

david, i would work a deal on them just for you :)

You guys should have seen them BEFORE he fixed them... :evil:

Yea, i was not happy with those bodies at all. Not happy about getting screwed over every which way. I just gave up with it and wanted it over with. It seems that nobody ever does what they say. Well, mike ogle did. he probably got screwed the most. He never got anything out of the deal. Body, thanks, nothing.

I tore some of the silicone insides and threw it in the dumpster in disgust. I did not even want to save it.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

I got mine and its in no better shape. either way, I have already thanked Mike Casey for all his hard work but did not thank Mike ogle. so, thank you Mike Ogle for all your hard work. I am truly sorry you or Mike C did not get a body.
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

I second that as well, I know its been a royal pain in the ass. MRO it was a great start but a crappy finish. Geoff
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Well, what the heck.

I sorta knew that the "big demand" for a Q-scale musclecar body was mostly just tire-kicking. It's disappointing that the original fiberglass molding guy is preposterously unreliable, and his replacement turned out to be simply incompetent. Too bad. I feel QSL's frustration, I'm just sorry that this particular project was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I had my fun in just building the pattern. Just wanted to see if I could pull it off. It's just wood and bondo, I probably spent more on sandpaper than anything else.

But, I hope you guys got a basis of a body that you can at least "work with" to make something cool and unique.