Pacesetter Funny Car

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Re: Pacesetter Funny Car

Post by PaulSongas »

I brought the car up to Brained for the NHRA Div. 5 event. It was a hit!! I ran it up and down the pits a few times, and people came to watch from all over. The opening chutes was the kicker. :mrgreen:

I went up to the starting line to take some pics hoping security would not chase me away.

Sure enough here comes a BIR truck and a guy gets out, the OWNER of BIR, Jed. He gets out, does not say a word, walks over to the car and looks at it....

Jed--"Who's car is this?????"
Me-- "It's mine......"
Jed-- "Does it run????"
Me--"Yeah"
Jed--"Fire that puppy up and run it!!! I want to see it go!"

So not only did I get to take some pics of it on the track, I ran it right on the dragstrip. :mrgreen:

NHRA # P582
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

YEAAAAHHH!!!!

That's a GREAT story. I'm glad you got the pictures to prove it!

BTW...my car HATED the sticky surface of a real drag strip (Rockingham), it really bogged the car badly, I could hear I was driving through the clutch.
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Post by PaulSongas »

Thanks guys! I'll post up some of the other pics when I get them. (several people taking pictures)

No video was taken that I know of. :|
NHRA # P582
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Great pics Paul, thats how to bring attention to the hobby.
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Post by PaulSongas »

FuNkY mOnK wrote:Where's the headers?
Headers need to be fixed/mounted before I can run them. I think the ones that came with the car were for a different version of the FC.
NHRA # P582
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Post by NYCdragRacer »

Paul those headers are originally for the petco 35, only thing is the person I got them from cut the header flange off, all you need to do is make a new flange.
They did make different versions of the headers, I beleive the other set has a bigger diameter pipe and is used for the Quadra 50 and Solo 54.
The problem with those headers is it restricts the motor and if your racing it, you don't want to use them unless it's going to sit on a shelf, but I doubt that, Paul seems like a guy ready to go out and put some numbers up with that bad boy!
Great job man.

Pete
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Post by PaulSongas »

NYCdragRacer wrote:Paul those headers are originally for the petco 35, only thing is the person I got them from cut the header flange off, all you need to do is make a new flange.
They did make different versions of the headers, I beleive the other set has a bigger diameter pipe and is used for the Quadra 50 and Solo 54.
The problem with those headers is it restricts the motor and if your racing it, you don't want to use them unless it's going to sit on a shelf, but I doubt that, Paul seems like a guy ready to go out and put some numbers up with that bad boy!
Great job man.

Pete

The mount on the headers that bolts to the engine mounting bracket does not allow it to line up properly to the engine, and it is too short? I'll take some pics later, I just don't see how it will work on my car without new mounts and flange area.
NHRA # P582
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Post by PaulSongas »

More pics from BIR.

The Owner of BIR looking on

NHRA # P582
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

THAT IS AWSOME!!!! I am fairly new to quarter scale and I am in AWE!!!!! I am building a GN right now and was planning on building a sprint car next but this FC is just way to cool !!!!! I might opt for the funny car next. I have been into RC cars since I was 12yo (1985) only 10th scale I skipped 1/8th and went to 1/5th and bought a hpi Baja then a Pro1z GN I really like the 1/4 scale but the two biggest problems I am finding is first the PRICE!!!! And second the cars they are so hard to come by.

I really like your FC it is awsome please upload a video of it ripping up the pavment!!! :D

And not to hijack the thread but NYCdragracer- how did you mount the lexan windows in your funny car?

Thanks Dom
Viperkota318

Post by Viperkota318 »

Hey guys sorry for digging up and old thread. But can ANYONE tell me which motor this is? I have the same motor and can't read the TML tag.
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Ha. I just realized I own this car minus the body. Bought it many many years ago. Have not changed a thing on it. The motor is monster.
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Post by PaulSongas »

RcBurnout wrote: December 30th, 2018, 10:03 am Ha. I just realized I own this car minus the body. Bought it many many years ago. Have not changed a thing on it. The motor is monster.
I stripped it down when I sold it. It was missing the wheels, hubs, and I'm sure some other stuff. The engine was a strong runner after I re-built the carb.
NHRA # P582
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

PaulSongas wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 1:22 pm
RcBurnout wrote: December 30th, 2018, 10:03 am Ha. I just realized I own this car minus the body. Bought it many many years ago. Have not changed a thing on it. The motor is monster.
I stripped it down when I sold it. It was missing the wheels, hubs, and I'm sure some other stuff. The engine was a strong runner after I re-built the carb.
Paul: Can you remember what kind of engine was in this car?
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Post by PaulSongas »

Kaye wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 7:19 am

Whatever came with a Pacesetter FC back then.
NHRA # P582
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

PaulSongas wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 9:02 am
Kaye wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 7:19 am

Whatever came with a Pacesetter FC back then.
Paul: I found the specs. It came with a Quadra 2.3 HP or optional Quadra 4 HP.

Thanks, Kaye