new project

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

new project

Post by CALracing »

Something I've been working on.
Attachments
003.JPG
M.R. Ogle

Re: new project

Post by M.R. Ogle »

That's pretty cool.... looks about done!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

looks very good. I remember those bodies. Is he still making those? Heck is that one of his cars you restored?
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Your right Mike it is about done, need to finsh windows and clean it up. The body is Kevins but everything else is scratch built or pieces from something else. It is electric with a clutch and a quick change rear. Brushless motor inside 1/4 scale replica.
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Post by bentley marshall »

thats cool

any more photos ???
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

trying to load more pics without success
HHCork

Post by HHCork »

Ahh Geoff..........Electric..?.....Say it isn't so........When I saw that baby in October it was a gas burner.

Man,.......It really is sharp though..!!.........Great Job...!!!

Hank
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Hey Hank yeah had to go back to elec, no fuel no carb adj. just my batteries and computer. Trying to get to the Rock but it doesn't look good.
Attachments
007.JPG
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Wow. That's a unique setup!

What motor and ESC combination are you using to power that beast? I was considering the new Castle 1:5 scale system, but I have not got my hands on one to check it out yet. Looks like one of those 2.5:1 rear gearboxes?

I'm very interested in how well this works, as my next 1:4 project will be electric-powered, too. It just makes sense if you're willing to forego the put-put noise in trade for instant torque off the line.
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Hey Mike I am using the Mamba XL with 8s going through a Zenoah clutch to a seco rear. Still have some noise due to the clutch noise. Clutch release at 7500.rpm so the brushless{Neu 22151y] and sensorless motor knows which direction it is to go, so no mamba shuffle.In test so far it works well. Thanks Funky
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

MRO Mike are you still scatching your head or what. I thought you would have a comment about inline being not as good as a sidewinder. I'm working on another one that was out of control with a mamba monster esc spining go cart 4x10 tires, have to add weight. Geoff
Bryant

Post by Bryant »

Hey Cal, That's really a cool looking car. I bet it hauls #$%. Whats it weight and where did you get the body? i like the body!

Thanks
Bryant
Q/S FUNNY CAR
EASTEX EXPRESS
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

No, I get that you used a rear gearbox, but why did you keep the clutch in it?
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Couple reasons . No Mamba shuffel and at 30lb take off was overheating the esc so I built a clutch unit because I thought it might help and it does. Esc and motor remain cool.