2 Raco Sprint projects

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

2 Raco Sprint projects

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, I just bought 2 Raco Sprints ,one highly modified. He used the Raco Grand National front end A arms and the same kind of setup on the back. (I'll post pics soon) .The other one in pieces.Does anyone have a pic of the front end kickup (closeup). This person bent it with pliers and put another bend in it. I want to put it back to original. Thanks.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Re: 2 Raco Sprint projects

Post by PTModIT »

Found a pic in the Jac-Rabbit rebuild below. Thanks.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Re: 2 Raco Sprint projects UPDATE Pics.

Post by PTModIT »

Here's some pics.Both car have the optional diffs. Image. Image. Image.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Never seen one set up like that before... very interesting...
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

You won't believe what I found on the car above. I finally got a good look at this thing.I've been working on the basketcase car that came with it.I did notice the chrome rims but figured they were the Raco plastic chrome ones. They are not ,They are 2 piece aluminum rims.4" rears 3" fronts.Not a scrape or dent on them just the dirt and grime.These 2 cars are not worthy to have these rims.I'll have pics up tomorrow ,Maybe someome knows what make they are.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Here are some update pics. I took it apart and removed that black paint.Then added a new gas tank and gas line.Mounted the steering servo the way it's supposed to be.Added a quick fill that I made.And gave it a paint job.It looks like he added the indy rear bearing carriers.Also the Indy or Super Mod 2 front shock supports with GN A-arms.I left the shock supports on then added 2 braces.I figure it will the make front end a little stronger in case of a hit..Image. Image. Image. Image. Image.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

turned it into a keeper!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

That DOES look really nice. Good color coordination with the blue, white and red trim scheme. That is a unique piece for sure, now in BETTER than "factory" stock condition.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Thanks, That paint scheme came of the Raco pamphet.the one that shows 4 cars on the front and the specs on the back.Its just missing the 75. The front and rear suspenson is staying.This car came with the optional diff in the gearbox and red anodized chassis.
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

If you can give me the size (height by width) of how big those "75"s need to be, I'd bet I could find some red vinyl and cut you out a set.

Mike