My RACO GN BUILD

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Vass
1/4 scale guru

Re: My RACO GN BUILD

Post by Vass »

Very nice mate.
The arch enemy of good, is the better one.
Facebook profile:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003499650130
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Thanks Yall!!!! Well just about done still got to install the fual tank bracket,fuel tank,valosity stack, support bars and front bumper but just about done

Thanks Dom
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Hey PT I got the can muffler WOW THAT WAS SUPER FAST!!!!! THANKS!!!! Yea it is much smaller then the one that came with the car it will fit perfect. I got the front bumper made (Thanks Cryo-Tek for the patterns) only thing let is mount he muffler and the fuel tank.

question - The car had a 8 oz fuel tank (yea small) mounted in the right pod using what I will assume is the tuned muffler (pipe) mount. I purchased a bigger tank (airplane tank) and was thinking of mounting it in the center of the chassis and making a aluminum strap to hold it to the bottom chassis plate, it will fit perfect and the chassis plate allready has the holes for nuts and bolts. Or will the tank and mounts from a jack rabbit work and if so does anyone have a spare I could buy? As long as it holds fuel and has the mounts not worried about looks I plan on dying it anyway .

I can paypal the funds :D

next I need to mount the servos and then I will take pics of the completed car :D :D

Thanks Dom
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Back in the old days the 8 oz. tank was the legal size according to QSAC rules.