My RACO GN BUILD

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Re: My RACO GN BUILD

Post by PTModIT »

I have 2 brand new ones .They are blue. And I might have some plastic ones. But I have to check.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

I'am just letting you know what I have. I have 2 new blue shock adjusting nuts,2 nylon ones and 2 of the originals with the set screw. I don't know if this came with all Raco GN or it was a option, but it's their version of a servo saver.It attaches to that front steering block where the tie rods attach .There is a slot that limits left and right travel in case of a accident.I didn't see one in the pics you posted.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Do you have a blue window net? WCM had them.I've got some.
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

PTmodit

I have one new blue threaded shock nut found it in the parts box I would be interested in your blue ones as well as the servo save thing. and I do want the 2 blue window nets. How much ? I can paypal you the funds That would help me out alot. let me know and Thanks yall !!

I got the spoiler painted this morning gonna mount it later tonight turned out nice :D
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, Only one problem.I'am sure I had more blue ones but just have the one. I had it on my SUNOCO 94 GN. I've got black ,red and 1 white. I thought maybe you can dye the white.But you can have the blue one I have. It's used, a little dirty but in great condition. Just needs a wash.This part I don't like .Pricing these parts.I have no idea.Make me a offer.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Here are some pics, The 2 white strips are velcro and they get applied to the upper and lower part of the window inside the body. There is velcro on the window net.As for the servo saver I think you might have to drill in the upper and lower plate to install that post. I don't know if the holes are already there.That black part and bushings are not part of the kit. You use yours.Image.Image.
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Hey PT modit Ill take 3 of the aluminum jam nuts I dont care what color they are I am going to polish them out and I also will take the nets I have my steering set up and truthfully I dont know how I would mount that set up . As for the offer I am terrible with offers so I will PM you if its to low OR TO HIGH lol just let me know . :D :D Those nets are awsome and would look great on the GN :D

PM comin your way Thanks Dom
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, Which 3 jam nuts? I have 2 new blue nuts with threads .I have 2 aluminum nuts with no threads and the set screws are missing, but I'll try and find 2. I have 2 of the threaded white nylon jam nuts. There is only 1 blue net or you can have the white one to and maybe try and dye it blue.GNs only had a net in the drivers window only.
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Ok PT ill take both nets, the 2 aluminum threaded jam nuts I might be able to salvage one of my jam nuts that will give me 4 and thanks for the servo thing just send me your paypal info :D :D :D Thanks again! Yall are some pretty cool dudes :D

Dom
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

I'll go out tomorrow and get a shipping price. Thanks.
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Sounds good :D

Thanks!!!
Dom
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

PM sent.
chiefj48
1/4 scale guru

Post by chiefj48 »

FuNkY mOnK wrote:I hate to nit pick, the paint work looks great but you forgot to curve the yellow into the blue at the bottom of the door to accommodate the number "3". Detail separates the men from the boys. Purely my opinion. Also you forgot to add the dent in the front fender :)

and you bought what??? for how much?????
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

I callled Willmann Racing Products today to see what he could do for more power with my stock g2d motor, he said these are so old and parts are very hard to get for them especially the carb he can not find any. My motor runs but I am thinking of going with a Rc 260, he said I might have to use my isolator block off my old motor to make the newer carb work. Has anyone put a bigger newer motor in a RACO? And if so did you have any issues with the carb?

I am only wondering becuase I plan on slapping my motor on ebay to help fund the new motor but dont want to sell the isolator block if I am going to need it.

I know some collectors are thinking I should keep the original motor with the car but I am not going for original there are enough of those around, I am going custom.

Dom
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

Domb1972 wrote:I callled Willmann Racing Products today to see what he could do for more power with my stock g2d motor, he said these are so old and parts are very hard to get for them especially the carb he can not find any. My motor runs but I am thinking of going with a Rc 260, he said I might have to use my isolator block off my old motor to make the newer carb work. Has anyone put a bigger newer motor in a RACO? And if so did you have any issues with the carb?

I am only wondering becuase I plan on slapping my motor on ebay to help fund the new motor but dont want to sell the isolator block if I am going to need it.

I know some collectors are thinking I should keep the original motor with the car but I am not going for original there are enough of those around, I am going custom.

Dom

Go to DDM - http://www.davesmotors.com/site/index.html
They still have G2D parts like the isolator block.