My RACO GN BUILD

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Re: My RACO GN BUILD

Post by Domb1972 »

Hey PT I dont know if the PM sent message you posted was after the get a shipping quote but I have not gotten a PM since the one you sent telling me to check the fourm.

Thanks Dom
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

PM sent
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Got it , Payment sent and we are SET :D Thanks again that net is going to look great on Dale Sr's HOT ROD :D :D

Thanks again
Dom
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Thanks Venomuss for the link :D :D

hey does anyone know of a company who makes aluminum stock car wheels like BRP plastic wheels? I would want them anodized black?

Thanks Dom
cryo-tek
1/4 scale guru

Post by cryo-tek »

Check with BRP :o They make a real nice aluminum wheel. I have a set of there five slot rims and they are GREAT :D
I still like looking at them :lol:
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Thanks Cryo-Tek Yea those are nice !!! Kind of looking for some different brands to compare price but I guess the market is cornered :o LOL

Its Sunday and I have nothing to do today sure wish I had my decals or my parts so I could start building this hotrod :D Well Nascar is at TALLADEGE today so wont be a total waste of a day :D Hope to hae my decals and parts next week.

Dom
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Quick update just wondering if anyone knows Joe from JG PRODUCTS http://jgproducts.net/

I ordered my decals from him over 2 weeks ago and now I cant get tracking or he does not reply to my emails or phone calls. I paid thru pay pal and just opened a claim today. I found him on the net and he said he shipped them on the 3rd of june.

Looks like ima need a new decal guy anyone know somebody who could make me the wrangler car decals?

On a positive note my plates will be done on Monday :D

Thanks Dom
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

i have dealt with joe with no problems. Cool guy. I dont think he is doing something funny. Something must have happened or he is on vacation.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Mike ,
I have to agree with you. A while back I ordered a number of 1/4 scale decal sheets from Joe and they arrived in Sydney within a week. I couldn't complain about that service!
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

I got my plates today !!!! :D :D I also had the upper and bottom brace plates made here are pics I will polish them out this week sometime. Now just waiting on the rear shock mount, Decals Joe said if I canceled the paypal claim he would send me another set out today with tracking becuase the last set was sent to the wrong address (by accident) and no tracking so I told him I am gonna trust him and I canceled the claim.

Anyway if anyone is interested in these plates let me know I will have em on ebay soon

Only a few oz heavier and worth it will be bullet proof :D :D :D
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

And I just got the last of my parts back from the powder coaters

Now I need my decals/nets/ and my rear shock tower ( should be done at the machine shop soon, I hope) took em forever to get my plates done but they match up perfect :D ) and I will have everything done and ready to reassemble.
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Got my decals and got em on the body , My Nets came also THANKS PTMODIT!!!! Gotta install the lexan windows and the net and the body will be done. Almost got the chassis dont :D :D :D

Not bad for a refurbished 20 year old body :D :D :D
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Looking real good Dom.I'am glad the parts made it there.
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Well my outboard on my boat popped so gonna have to get it rebuilt and its gonna cost me about $6000.00 so I am going to finish this car off in the next couple of days and its gonna be up for sale it turned out really nice will come with the original GD2 motor and the used wheels and tires as well as all the extra parts. you will need RX and TX .

Hate to sell it but need my boat fixed so the price is $1500.00 OBO I am short 1500.00 on my motor rebuild so the closer I can get to it the better . Go back thru the build I put alot of time and effort into this car, once done I will post pics in the for sale section . Hopeing to have it completed by this week end. If no takers by then will go on Ebay Thanks for all the help and info on this build but being married with 2 kids gotta wiegh my priorities and the boat take it.

Thanks Dom
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Almost got it back togeather here are some pics of whats done so far . I think it turned out great :D :D :D :D Should hjave it finished up by tomorrow. The flash from the camara and poor lighting in my garage makes it look dull but its not its nice and shiny. I will take better pics in the sun once done