rears

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

rears

Post by jayhurrikane »

pics of rears for comparison
Attachments
100_2452.JPG
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Re: rears

Post by Bobby Dodger »

Nice - but where did that in/out box come from?

Cheers
Rick F
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

The smaller one was made by jan gilmer , it has functional ring and pinion gears , torque tube and funtional inout box with lever, it was intended for the midget chassis i have with offy engine but after care ful evaluation picked up,sum castings fron mike that were made by don edmonds out west, and having a true to scale functional rear with ring and pinion , torque tube to match offy
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

It was pricey ! Jan made it like a rolex watch! It also has a collar that goes on the engine shaft of choice that engages the in out box when you pull the lever, and the torque tube goes up and down a little just like the real ones! He finally parted with it to me, if i dont use it you got first dibs on it ! You right it would be right at home on ya car i have a set of the jeron halibrands that i would love to see on ya car, maybe you can borrow em for sum pics to see how they look, of course they cum wit me after :shock: or maybe the offy would fit in that car!