diff and skelly

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

diff and skelly

Post by jayhurrikane »

heres the finished skelly with diff and dual disc brakes aluminum disc, and dog bones
Attachments
get-attachment-17.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-18.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-19.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-20.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-21.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-22.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-23.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-24.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-25.aspx.jpeg
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Re: diff and skelly

Post by jayhurrikane »

Its for a gtp car almost like the seco skellenger raco gtp cars mike has, but this one has dual disc brakes and a differential,
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Thats how the SEco GTP cars came. Dual brakes and a skellenger diff inside. They were really just a conversion kit for the Raco GTP. They never sold the stuff. Only had 3 shop cars.

Here is one of them...

www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Jay probably did. The housing that the rear bolts to is just used on zenoah engines, but needs to be machined to bolt to the rear. He used Delara brakes, but they did not originally come with those. There was a member on here that made one of these cars to look like mine. He had the brackets and everything made for it. I suspect he had more made and probably sold them. I had the car here that he made to look like this and it was definately not right, not to mention it was sold as a rebuild not a replica. My buddy was not happy.

I am sure jays will be MUCH better than the original based on his past projects :)
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

It would... Skellenger actually made a whole setup including A arms for a independent rear with their QC mounted in it. It was originally designed for use in the super mod 2, but in theory could be bolted up to any type of standard raco platform. It was a neat unit. I had a couple, but sold them over the years. Kinda regret it a small bit now, but i just did not see myself changing any of the current raco cars i had.
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

yup thats the one , i needed a car to put next to the pbs gtp car i have and thought the original idea from seco was ideal plus mike didnt wana let any of his go :shock:
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

it will look great next to a pbs. If you need some detailed pics or anything let me know. Its a pretty basic setup.

later.