wcm 34 ford...

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

wcm 34 ford...

Post by Mike Casey »

Well, its been years of searching for the right one and passing on the right one over and over again like an idiot, so this time around i bit the bullet and got one. I wanted one that was 100% original, but the more i thought about it, i realized this one was a great choice to do what i wanted to do. So here it is. It will sport my last set of LRU wheels that are 1" fronts with 4" wide rears. I ordered tires from brp a week or so ago so they should be here soon. They are drag fronts and goodyear hosts in the rear with street treads 6-1/4" The rear end is going to be a quartermortar rear with hydraulic inboard brakes. John is making the brackets and that should be a few weeks away. Lastly this will house a conley just like it was designed and intended for. Soon to come goals would be interior, windows and pinstriping. This one will stay in my collection forever. Very happy to have it and to have one with a little story to it as well.
Attachments
P1090675.JPG
P1090676.JPG
P1090679.JPG
P1090680.JPG
P1090687.JPG
P1090688.JPG
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: wcm 34 ford...

Post by Mike Casey »

feels good to get a few back into the fleet. I am just being much more selective now. There was a time when i bought everything... :oops:
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

DTW, yea, its the conley powered beast that is shown in the rcx pics. Brought a LOT of people to the booth for sure!
jean phi
1/4 scale guru

Post by jean phi »

so beautiful
jean phi
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

i am happy with it. They did a very nice job with the conversion. plus it lets me display my wheels under it.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

been busy with this every night. I have the motor and trans mounts done and mocked up. I also changed out the axle in the rear end to the correct length. Next i need to modify some hubs to fit the wheels and mount the rear end. Hopefully the tires will come soon!
hemifreak
Legacy Member

Post by hemifreak »

I glad you ended up with my pride and joy Mike. I know it's in good hands and will be taken care of. I may still have some misc items, paperwork, etc...that I can send if you want.
If it feels good...do it, if if don't... Do it till it does!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

yea, that would be cool.

One of the things that attracted me to it was that it was yours. Yours was probably the most famous one out there!
beachcat

Post by beachcat »

Hi, I picked up a nice deuce coupe body with separate full fenders. Its just the fiberglass shell with no chassis or interior. I'm looking to do something with it. Any idea if there would be a chassis out there somewhere or do you pretty much have to build one?