WCM GN

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

WCM GN

Post by a187lbird »

I am going to post some pictures of the WCM GN Restoration I have been doing. I only have before and after photos and my wife took the after photos so they are poor quality and blurry but I assure you the car is crisp clean and shiny just like the day it left WCM originally (or at least was before driving it around a bit) All I have left to do is body work and paint as well as making some wheel wells. I may be taking more pictures tomorrow so if I do I will put those up then.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Re: WCM GN

Post by a187lbird »

Before photos.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

After Photos
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

ABS T-Bird
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

And yes I will start posting progression shots for body work, paint and the wheel wells because that's all I have left to do.
Jmccustoms

Post by Jmccustoms »

Love it! I'm currently building one just like it but with regal body, mine never had a motor bolted in it. It was just a roller that was used more for advertising by my company than running, it sat on a shelf for the past 20 years so it was in very good shape. Keep up the good work and share pics. 8)
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Just a little update. Here is the design idea for the dash I am having made, I think it will come out very nice. I am having someone make me the gauge bezels and tachometer enclosure and am purchasing some sub micro toggle switches. I also have a WCM steering wheel that I will be putting on it and later I am tossing around the idea of making the gauges back lit with some LEDs.

a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

A little bit of dashboard progress

a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

More dash updates.

a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Thanks Funky,
I am not 100% happy with how the bezels came out, you can see the split in the ring and it is more "ring" than "bezel".
But all in all it is going to look great in my car.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Yeah I need to find someone that has a belt sander.