Daytona Coupe... 3.0

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Daytona Coupe... 3.0

Post by Mike Casey »

Right now the wheels are back with John foster along with the wheels from the original coupe. He is going to replicate the size and shape of the tires so they are the same. After that it goes back to the body guy to adjust the nose portion of the body. The wheel well needs to be trimmed the the nose dropped down. After that is done, the car goes back to John and he will finish it off. Its a real long term project, but I think the finished example is going to be out of this world. Also just so you guys know, the intake is going to be fully functional. The engine will run off of 4 of the carbs so it will run properly.

I know this is going to sound weird, but i am going to paint it. It will have the same scheme as julies full size car. However, metal looks a lot different then fiberglass or lexan when painted. People will still be able to tell its a metal body. :)
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

here are some pics of the full size in progress!
Attachments
P1020903.jpg
P1020897.jpg
P1020891.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

hope to see the new wheels from John soon and then my body guy is going to do his final tweak. Hope to have more to share soon.

Full size coupe is now on its wheels and is really starting to feel like a real car!!!
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Looking real nice