Couple cars going on...

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Couple cars going on...

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Figured i would share some of the projects that i have been working on.. First i picked up two new era cars not to long ago. Here is the super modified. Ugly yes, but have never seen one before so it has that going for it. All i have done on this so far is tear it down and paint the frame. Going to redo all the sheet metal and clean it up..
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Re: Couple cars going on...

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Next is the other new era car. Its a grand national. Very nice car. Almost done restoring. Just have a couple more things to do. Tore it down, painted the frame and polished the aluminum.
Attachments
gn.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

The last car thats in the works at the moment is my Raco Indy car. I have wanted one of these for a very long time and finally scored this one about a month ago. A true diamond in the rough but is coming together very nicely. So far its torn down, cleaned up and now starting to reassemble. Finished the front end and the rear end is almost done. Just need to clean up a couple more things. Hoping to have the chassis back together this weekend maybe...
Attachments
photo 1.JPG
shocks.JPG
raco.JPG
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Thanks Dan. Would like to find some polished wheels for it. The ones that were on it were gold

Mike
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Little progress. Still needs tires and a couple other things but chassis is pretty much done...
Attachments
Raco Indy (1).jpg
Raco Indy (4).jpg
Raco Indy (3).jpg
lawracing

Post by lawracing »

I was going to bid on that Indy on Ebay then it disappeared.... Are you the buyer form the first auction?
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

No. I saw it got reposted so I just offered him what the first auction ended at and he accepted
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Glad to bring it back to its former glory. It was in pretty rough shape when i got it. I dont think it was used much considering the factory tires are still there and the grease in the rear still looks new. I have a ton of hours in it already to get it to where it is now!!! Well worth it :)
JariV

Post by JariV »

Do they make those tires anywhere anymore?
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

for the rears you cant buy the raco hosts anymore but you can recap them through brp and as for the fronts i dont believe they make goodyear tires anymore...
lawracing

Post by lawracing »

Looks much nicer now than before! Was the front wing included also I thought it was missing? I was mailing the guy also when it went back up, you beat me to the offer! LOL (I missed it the first time around) Glad to see it is coming back to life!
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Thanks!! No, i had to source that and a couple other pieces that were messed up.. Im very lucky i have friends with lots of quarter scale parts, lol
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

How is the Indy going?
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Indy is going good. Been on hold for a bit. Body will be painted hopefully in the next 3 weeks or so. Chassis is in the same condition as the pics i posted but I added fuel line. Lol. Ill post pics once painted for sure.