WCM IROC Camaro project.

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Re: WCM IROC Camaro project.

Post by a187lbird »

An exact quartered rear tire size based on the Hoosier line of tires would be:
Diameter: 6" - 7" 3/4
Tread Width: 2" - 4" 1/4
Rim Diameter: 3" - 4"

Reference materiel from this site http://www.hoosiertire.com/specdrag.htm

Hope this helps. I know its not a link to the rims and tires you will need, but I do not know of any good sites for Karting parts.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
Pro Street
Legacy Member

Post by Pro Street »

Hello Emilio,

The Camaro is coming out nice.

As far as tires go....Pro Stock's use 8" tire,

I used the tubeless 8.25" quarter scale tire's on my Pro Street 55 Chevy....

Hope this helps...

Pro Street.... 8)
Attachments
Pro Street 55.jpg
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Hey Funky, Yes I am loving the updates. You know what I think would be amazing?!?! Putting the engine up front under the hood instead of in the cab. It would add a ton realism to an already extremely detailed car, and then would allow you to do some simple cab decoration with seat dash and maybe some simple sheet metal work! I think it would put this car in an all new level of awesomeness :D

Maybe its just me, but I am very excited about your build and have taken great interest in how it will look when you are done.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

DTW - the pro stock frame with the Camaro body was turned into a JEG'S pro stock. It's posted under PRO STOCK in the projects thread. It's about 90% complete.

A guy named Kevin TIG welded the frame and it's done very well.

The last picture of this roller (on deck with no engine) was illustrated in HOT ROD magazine's "Scene by Readers" - June 2013 page 14.
Attachments
IMG_2238.JPG
Pro Stock Paint 023.jpg
Pro Stock Paint 017.jpg
Pro Stock New Tires 005.jpg
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

I lie it a lot. :mrgreen:

Dominick
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Should have read....I like it a lot. .... Lol

Dominick
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Question 1: You should load the springs before you find the permanent mounting position, you don't want to set the car down and have the rear sag. The best would be to have adjustable height, so you can play with spring strengths and still keep your chassis level.
((Tip)) add just enough nitro fuel tube to the shock rod as a bump stop so your chassis will never ground out.

Question 2: The best would be to have both rods the same length. longer is better than shorter (normally but not sure if it opposite on a drag car). But having one rod shorter than the other can still work as long as its travel on the shorter rod doesn't max out (not allow any more shock travel) or hit your bird cage (bearing holder) on its max travel allowed by the full range of the shock stroke.
((Observation)) Having your shocks mounted where they are and having short rods will most likely not allow for much shock travel, but its a drag car so I don't think you need much (if any) travel anyway.

Hope this helps and you understand what I was trying to say (I am really sleepy so I am not sure if I am coming across clearly LOL).
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Here's something that might help you..Towards the bottom of the page is a free demo software.I know it's for a full size car just divide by 4. http://performancetrends.com/4link.htm
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

This is not permanent bracket this is only to find out what the length of your permanent bracket tab will be.

You should make two of these.

set screw is where mounts to the chassis

Shock gets mounted between the far right two nuts

and the long screw can travel up and down the body of the contraption so you can find that perfect spot and then measure it out

make your permanent bracket for mounting based off of the measurements you took from this

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more details
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

No problem Funky, I am happy to help.

And I just thought twice about that design, it would be easier to make if you take off the top tab with set screw and just clamp it to the chassis as well as using two square tubes for the upright portion of the body leaving the top open and just tack weld the two posts to the bottom tab.

If you want me to make a new image as an example just let me know.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

The car is coming along nicely. In the back you have 4 support tubes that connect to the top of the cabs roll cage, are the outer two necessary?
And I am going to be honest, I do not like the front end. But as a whole the car is going to be stunning!
And thanks again for giving us updates on this very cool build! :D
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Oh and I forgot to say, even though it was tough you pulled off the shock mount area wonderfully. Did you make the tool I came up with? And if so did it help?
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

I was talking about the long bars, and didn't mean the question in a negative way, I was just asking.
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Looking great. Glad it's all going to work out!!!