WCM IROC Camaro project.

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Re: WCM IROC Camaro project.

Post by RcBurnout »

Love it Funky. Can't Waite to se it in its glory....

Imagination feeds creativity

Dominick
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Yep.... I think so. Build them out of plastic strips that you can buy at the hobby store. I can't think of what to call that stuff but it comes in all scale sizes. Glue it and paint it ....it will look awesome

It's the white stuff. There's a whole section of it

Imagination feeds creativity.

Dominick
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

This stuff... I use a quality card stock to make the pattern and then glue it up with Elmer's... Then I water down the Elmer's and brush the whole piece. Makes it study... Then you can paint it.. Then I would use the styrene to make it

Imagination feeds Creativity

Dominick
Attachments
image.jpg
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

The more I look at it. You may be able to make it out of one piece ...then cut the grooves.... If that's works a piece of aluminum would work great.... You got some trial an error there funky.... Get busy. :-). You'll get it ...

Dominick
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Still got the body funky.... So many projects, so little time...:-)

Dominick
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

That's a nice frame funky but I would go with the street version myself.... With a little work that could be a top scale body... Lots of detail in it already.... Just my 2 cents... Either way it's gonna be a looker. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dominick
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Yeah I think it would be better as a street car, but unfortunately it isn't my car :cry: so I have no say. But you could make it so that it would look good either way, and then switch between drag and street by just changing out the rims and tires. But anyway that frame looks amazing would you build it square tubing at the base just like that picture? If so that would be SICK (sick as in beyond awesome) :D

P.S. I love the colors also.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Well I was referring to a non drag style car.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

well doing everything to fit and not mod the body is awesome. take off a few pieces and change tires and BAM you have a new car :D I love that idea.
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

I have a body like the number 72 body in the pic above but funky.... If you take any rim and place a insert in it , it will work... I've been shopping around the toy stores for toys that have chrome plated rims that will fit inside the 1/4 scale rims. Cut them down and figure out a way to mount them inside the donner rim.....

Dominick
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

that was fast!!!!!!!!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

You know that "tingle" us guys get when we see a sexy woman? Yeah... I just got that... :D :lol:

I do not know what it is but I love square tubed chassis. More realistic I guess.

I have a sprinter with a square tubed chassis and damn do I wish I knew who made it. It is another one of those who made this home brew or company produced game shows that is on another thread. It is very solid and well made I think it may be pre 80s.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

No I botched the name of the post to all hell :o here is the post I was talking about http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/bb/v ... f=2&t=3635 Once I have time I am going to post pictures of my car in that thread and hopefully someone knows who made it. I could give a text description and maybe it would spark a few ideas of its maker, it is pretty uniquely made (well compared to all the sprinters I see).
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

I just finished posting a text description, but I will put pictures up this weekend. It is a cool car... I just do not know if it is sprinter or super mod or something in between haha.
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

glad to see a nice scale body here...
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies