New rare project up next. New Era Iroc

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

New rare project up next. New Era Iroc

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Here you go guys. My new project. After I regretted selling my corvette, I was on the hunt for another one. I remembered a guy I met 6 years ago who bought some stuff from me who had one so I decided to give him a call. Picked it up on Thursday night. Originally thought that it was just a corvette which is already cool enough but then he tells me he has a Camaro body for it to. :shock: . Very excited to build this one. Chassis is in pieces as he was going to make it a pace car for racing but I should be able to have it back together in a couple weeks. I also picked up a skellenger rear as well with all the trimmings. All said and done this will be one cool car. Going to refinish both bodies and put the rear in the chassis. I took some pics before I went on vacation (which I am on now) of the iroc body on my gn chassis. Very excited to own such a rare car. Enjoy.... :D
Attachments
Iroc 1.jpg
Iroc 2.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: New rare project up next. New Era Iroc

Post by Mike Casey »

we used to sell those bodies through LRU. One of my favorites!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

There is no rear bumper issue. It's sitting on my gn frame so it doesn't fit right. Fits good on my sports car frame. Just put it on my gn frame for pics. What year did LRU start making these bodies. He had this in 1996 so that should help
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

I mean 6 years ago. Not 1996.
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Also if its new era or LRU, I still love this body. It will be cool to switch off between the iroc and the vette
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Got a update for you guys. My buddy who runs a autobody/mechanic shop painted my iroc over the weekend. Came out great. Chassis should be at powdercoat today so im hoping to get that back soon so i can start reassembling the chassis. After some thought i have decided to put it back to original and reinstall the belt/chain drive and not the skellenger. I didn't have the heart to hack up the original chassis to make it work. The rear will just have to wait for another project.
Attachments
This is what im shooting for minus the earnhardt decal on the sides
This is what im shooting for minus the earnhardt decal on the sides
Iroc.jpg
Iroc1.jpg
Iroc2.jpg
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

LOL!!! Thats my buddys wife. :lol:

And thanks for the 10 rating in the other catagories
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Hell yea Mikey. Nice job
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Thanks Guys!! Heres another little update. Been picking away at it the last couple days. Now i have to wait to get my motor mount and a few other odds and ends powdercoated so im on hold.. Hopefully this weekend i can take care of it. Heres how it sits now. Also noticed that the camaro body does not fit the wheel base of the chassis. Im curious if they just moved the rear axle back to make it work if you ordered this body with the sports car chassis or if they made a chassis modification. Oh well. Still have my vette that will fit just fine.
Attachments
securedownload[2].jpg
securedownload[1] (2).jpg
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Im thinking of doing that theme yes and i would have to cut out the bearing holder in the middle of the chassis behind the motor. also would cut out the motor plate to install the skellenger motor plate to turn the motor in the right direction. To late now anyway because its already powdercoated.
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

Its been a while but heres a update. Corvette body painted base/clear. Came out Great. Just need to add gas tank and a couple finishing touches
Attachments
Vette1.jpg
Vette.jpg
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

thats on the list of things to do and try to find a set of mirrors as well. Also have to install some taillights. I love restoring these things :D