Quick tire project

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Quick tire project

Post by RcBurnout »

Replacing all my Good year tires with MY Foamie tires. Made a a nice Front set for my sprincars. The foot print is a tad over 3 inches. Grooved them soo the rims sit inside with minimal pressure to squeeze them together ... I like the convex side walls better then the other ones...

Imagination feeds creativity

Dominick
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pitbullpet

Re: Quick tire project

Post by pitbullpet »

Do you still have any of the good years?
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Here you go sports fans.... No front engine dragster , 32, 34,55 or any other street rod should be with out these vintage looking foam tires...

All made in house... Pain staking checks and balances thru out the whole process to insure a very balanced tire.. Foam performance with a vulcanized rubber coating on the side walls.... Any design is possible and I'm limited in style and size only to my imagination

These particular tires are for my one of a kind 55 chevy.. It is 7 inches tall and a tad under 4 inches wide, sidewall to sidewall.... And they fit on 3 inch wheels..

Imagination Feeds Creativity
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by RcBurnout on February 22nd, 2014, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Nice, they look great
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Here's the fronts with my new vintage rims as well. I can make these to fit all sizes of rims.... Bringing my models to the next level of realism...

No white walls on these...

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
mplumb

Post by mplumb »

what do you think about doing some hoiser sprint car tires, dirt or pavement? The brp tires just don't do it for me. I would like to see more realism mostly for display but to me it needs to be functional to be a real piece of art.
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

I would love to make these tires for folks but it's just to damn time consuming, pricing would stink and it makes a hell of a mess. As for functional ability, my tires perform as well as they look.... As for the BRP tires... There tires are the best choice for racing and are pretty much readily available.... I always try to step aside from the norm a little ... Doesn't mean there any better just different... And I like different...

Dominick
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

Post by oldschoolmidget »

Hello Dom,
Those look very nice. Can you show us the process? BRP needs to step it up!!!

Thanks, Anthony