T-bucket axle

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

T-bucket axle

Post by Emilio »

Hey folks, although I think this should have gone in tips and tricks section, and now this is on my list of to do things, I'll place it here in projects and kill 2 birds with one stone.

When I was fabricating my front axle for my ford project shown in photo one, there were a lot of detail that had to be overlooked (at least it was for my skill level) that I couldn't achieve. When I joined a model website I came across a master brass modeler by the name of Ken, building a T model chassis from start to finish, what I saw was how easy it was to add tremendous detail second to none when things are broken down step by step, and wish I had seen this before.

These steps can be used on any scale from 1/8 to 1/4. Depending on your fabricating skills, welding and joining two pieces of metal is mandatory for this project. If anyone has seen this done that, GREAT! if not, hope this brings you something new and refreshing. :wink:
Attachments
front-end.jpg
Model_T_axle1.jpg
Model_T_axle2.jpg
Model_T_axle3.jpg
Model_T_axle4.jpg
Model_T_axle5.jpg
Model_T_axle6.jpg
Model_T_axle7.jpg
Last edited by Emilio on March 16th, 2015, 5:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: T-bucket axle

Post by Emilio »

The rest of photos
Attachments
Model_T_axle8.jpg
Model_T_axle9.jpg
Model_T_axle10.jpg
Model_T_axle11.jpg
Model_T_axle12.jpg
Model_T_axle13.jpg