WCM Sprint Car

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

WCM Sprint Car

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

New tires for my billet BRP wheels, getting the frame ready for powder coat and I am going to start polishing parts real soon. Life has been real busy with work and full time school, but sometimes you just need to carve out a little "Self" time. So i am getting the sprint car ready for re-assembly. Al
Attachments
2014-09-11 11.02.31.jpg
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Re: WCM Sprint Car

Post by CALracing »

Looks good Al. What color are you going with. Geoff
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Not sure, thinking black frame. What i need is somebody who can paint the body and tank with some amazing graphics. Al
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Just got the frame back from Polishing Proz here in San Diego, as always they do a great job on polishing and powder coating. The new BRP tires are now mounted on my BRP billet wheels. I need to start cleaning up the running gear and get the suspension back on the car. Al
Attachments
2014-11-19 07.50.59.jpg
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

When i got this car it was complete but a little rough. I thought that i was going to have too re-chrome the front axle and nerf bars. After a closer inspection, a little steel wool and some elbow grease they look brand new (dodged that bullet). Next i will be working on the rear axle assembly, the torsion bars and the front end. :mrgreen:
Attachments
2014-12-03 15.03.34.jpg
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Just decided to install the push bar to see how things are going to line up. It's starting to look like a sprint car!!
Attachments
2014-12-04 10.57.44.jpg