YANKEE F1

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

YANKEE F1

Post by Emilio »

Hey folks, here is another project started. I purchased this brand new from YANKEE but I had to tweak a lot of stuff on the body, for example, body would not fit perfect without cutting the molded driver out as it would lay right on top of the torsion rod (was going to cut it out regardless) , other cuts were engine compartment and some rounding off around the control arms.

The car comes pretty much assembled from YANKEE, but expect to install the spring over shocks, put all the wheels together, along with the inserts and tires. The air box that came installed had to be removed to make way for the air dam or scoop adaptor, this had to be cut and fitted. There was much more that had to be done to get a perfect fit but was no big deal, but get ready to put a full day doing it. All in all I highly recommend this car, the quality is second to none Imho.

Anyway, this will most likely get the Marlboro theme colors and decals. Hope you enjoy the project 8)
Attachments
f11.jpg
f12.jpg
f13.jpg
f14.jpg
f15.jpg
f16.jpg
f17.jpg
f18.jpg
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Re: YANKEE F1

Post by Lovedr »

Again, very very nice. I have a Marlboro theme one too and I love it. They also run and handle great.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Thanks Love, I would like to see your F1 if you don't mind posting it?
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

Here are a few pics. I don't currently have pics with the body off. I'll try to get se this weekend.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Thanks Love, I see yours is an older version from the turn force servo dust boot, the newer ones like mine eliminated the use of the turn force servo using a standard servo like the Raco Indy cars. I also noticed looking at your air dam or scoop that I need to trim the opening quit a bit on mine, it looks killer like that! Anyway, this is the Marlboro theme I'm going with if all goes well.
Attachments
f1 theme2.jpg
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

I have to correct myself on the turn force servo, I went back to check an older assembly PDF file and found that YANKEE used both turn force and regular type servo, at least on the F1 cars.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Real nice Emilio
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Thank you Al :) . Lovedr can you please post a photo of your front wing area and also your chain tensioner? Thanks

Emilio
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

The chain tensioner pics aren't great. Couldnt really get any better. I hope this helps.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Thanks Love, I wasn't sure what chain tension you had, there are 2 kinds, I have the one with the spring but got this photo after I posted here so that's figured out. The wing is where I'm a little confused, do the outer wing legs (red) go into the slots with the inner black parts, and is the red part trimmed to fit into the slot? because it doesn't seem possible without trimming it? Thanks for your help Love.
Attachments
chain.PNG
wing.JPG
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

Yes, the red legs go into the black wing. i hope this helps
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Love one more question, does your F1 have the diffuser, if so can you post a photo where it's mounted? Btw the front wing worked out great thanks :)
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

Emilio,

I'm glad your getting things worked out. Im not sure if my F1 has a diffuser but i will check and get back to you.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Here's a little more progress to keep the crickets quiet around the forums, I'm doing the Marlboro theme as mentioned above, I started to paint the white parts and need to wait a few days before I light sand and give another coat, then it's onto the red parts. Hope you enjoy the project :D
Attachments
20150813_171153.jpg
20150825_131801.jpg
20150825_152645.jpg
20150825_170256.jpg
Chriszilla

Post by Chriszilla »

Oh man that's nice, love F1 cars ever since I was a kid. I had an FG 1/5 scale I sold 6 months ago and as cool as that was I can only imagine 1/4 scale size!