Raco Gand National (early?)

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
alien3t

Raco Gand National (early?)

Post by alien3t »

Posted a pic in the introduction section. Bought out a small online store that sold vintage parts. As i went through people wanted to buy. but well i changed my mind and decided i want to keep the 1/4 Raco's that came in the lot. More i dug into part. more of a car i had.

This is for the grand national build. Will be slow as i have like 30-40 rc projects going since i usually do 10th scale stuff. old and new.

all the chassis parts i had in a box.

DIgging into a box finding shocks, (and some small threaded ones) plates and hub. found the lower plate for the pipe mount and some other knick nacks.

Digging in the box of tires. I know i had 2 zenoah's
but found i had 3 sets of rear trailing arms, 1 set aluminum

test fitting what parts i had. was wondering if anyone knew if there is a spacer under the motor on this car. since the arms and mount can not occupy the same location as the enging?

right now trying to locate parts. i have 4 bodies also. Parts i still need ot locate is dog bones, 1 servo mount, the steering setup, since i have none of it, and i think i need linkage for the brakes. other question is, do i use the solid locked diff, or use a action diff, i have a few gear boxes, and some gears. I am also thinking i need th eplate on the gear box that the rear tq rods and rear bumper system mounts to. dont want to start clean up and rebuild till i can find parts i need. Also seams i need a tank and mount like the jack rabbit. (i have that car also but different thread.

Thanks for any help. Willing to buy parts needed. I know i am new, been trying to findas much info as possible. I was all set to sell the 1/4 scales. But i want to keep and bring back alive.

Thank uoi!
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Re: Raco Gand National (early?)

Post by Kaye »

Very nice parts find. Can you post a pic of your VW?

Kaye (building a 1/4 scale VW kind of thing)
jean phi
1/4 scale guru

Post by jean phi »

you want to sell a gearbox?
jean phi
1/4 scale guru

Post by jean phi »

aluminum lid and rear gearbox?
alien3t

Post by alien3t »

jean phi wrote:aluminum lid and rear gearbox?
are you asking for a complete gear box, or just the casing? Tight now i dont want to sell till i know the 2 i have in the cars work. aluminum lid i might, but woudl like ot wait till spares i have are not needed to finish build.
vwguru75
1/4 scale guru

Post by vwguru75 »

Interested in pictures of the volksrod too!
Craig's List..............eBay for people that can't spell.
alien3t

Post by alien3t »

volksrod what i have in my photobucket. i have more on facebook, and instagram, my profile there is public.

68 v-rod, with a 66 front dcklid, 1600dp with a prgresive carb, bosch 009 and straight pipes, dash vents and padding holes have been filled and shaved. 67 speddo vdo gauges, 2002 jeep wrangler front seets (need to make brakets and sliders) empi shifter, streched 8 inches, with a 2.5 drop built in, adjustable front beam. will be adding ghia disc brakes, wooden steering wheel, and a few more ends before i finally get to drive it. Need to make a spacer to add a vw bus shifter still.

Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Thanks for posting pics of your VW. I like it :)

Kaye
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

There are spacers that go under the motor. They are a little bigger than a nickel and about a 1/4 in thick.
alien3t

Post by alien3t »

CALracing wrote:There are spacers that go under the motor. They are a little bigger than a nickel and about a 1/4 in thick.
Thank you.
jean phi
1/4 scale guru

Post by jean phi »

OK
I therefore expect from you soon!
GN good and reconstruction Rabbit
vwguru75
1/4 scale guru

Post by vwguru75 »

I'm digging the volksrod! Looks awesome.
Craig's List..............eBay for people that can't spell.
alien3t

Post by alien3t »

jean phi wrote:OK
I therefore expect from you soon!
GN good and reconstruction Rabbit

got to get ahold of the missing parts. to be able to finish. might start tear down and clean soon. no polishing. just a clean the metal.
alien3t

Post by alien3t »

vwguru75 wrote:I'm digging the volksrod! Looks awesome.
Thanks, was suppose to be a 6 months ot get on road and drive as basic as possible. but that was 3 years ago. and i got back into rc and vintage rc. so slowed it way da. need ot get back on it so i can have a car to drive to the tracks with