2 Raco GN projects.

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

2 Raco GN projects.

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, I just picked up 2 Raco GN .One has the red anodized,the other is the blue anodized. A big load of spare parts. 5 GN bodies. 2 GTP bodies. some painted some not. Lots of tires and rims.I will post before and after pics real soon.Should be a good winter project.
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Re: 2 Raco GN projects.

Post by jayhurrikane »

hey you would you happen to have a unpainted gtp body for the raco car you willing to part with really need
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

AWESOME score!! Please share pics when you get time!!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Here are some pics of just some of the pieces i bought. The last 2 pics are my first WCM and the last pics is the one I built about 20 yrs ago. Image . Image . Image .Image .Image . Image . Image .Image .Image .Image .Image .Image .Image .Image .Image .Image .
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

great score there, lots of very nice bodies. Your going to be set for a while! :D
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Well the 2 Raco GN were completely disassembled and cleaned .They were both put back together the way they were. RACE ready . I made a 2 new Aluminun top plates which replace the old broken kydex. I bought a 4x8 sheet of Kydex and made new bumpers.I also used the kydex to make a new dash and floor pan for the WCM.I still have enough kydex left to make the upper and lower chassis plates for both Raco and spare bumpers.The WCM is also finished.I'll post some pics in the Members Rides. I cant believe I took the Racos completely apart then put it back together with no manual.Very easy cars to work on.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

cant wait to see!!!!