Old GN restore

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Turbogolf
1/4 scale guru

Old GN restore

Post by Turbogolf »

I've been working on this project on and off for a while now. It's a chassis that I still don't know the make/model, and would appreciate any help on IDing it. I actually saw a very similar car on ebay not so long ago and tried to e-mail the seller to see if he/she had any info on it. Unfortunately, no replies. The motor mount is "hand-crafted" as the one that came with the car mounted it vertically and I really wanted it to lay down so that I could have the air intake up-top. The rear end is a Skellenger QC. The tires are shot and will need replacement. The rims are 6-bolt plastic, will need to find some 6t-bolt alloys. Still have a ton of work to do before it can be consider done, but at least I can look it at now. :)
Attachments
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0038.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg
Sonny B

Re: Old GN restore

Post by Sonny B »

I’m not 100% sure but to me it looks like a modified version of a WCM Pro car made in the late 80’s.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Re: Old GN restore

Post by PTModIT »

I think your right. Wasn't the WCM the only one with the motor mounted up front.