New Era Vette Resto.

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
garyg

New Era Vette Resto.

Post by garyg »

Hey guys. Heres the latest. I brought the frame to the powder coater. He was able to turn it around in three hours. The powder coat looks wet. Its a reall nice job. I've been doing some research and the water cooling and rearend dont seem like to big a hurdle as long as I want to spend a bout a grand in parts. I guess for now the twin quickdraw marine engine has to wait. I think I have decided to go ahead with a pretty much straight forward performance rebuild. I was thinking about using a 41cc trevor simpson engine that I have on a goped. The engines in my warehgouse so I havent seen if it would fit under the cage. If that doesnt work I'll just order a new engine and pipe. heres a pic of the new powder coat.

NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Re: New Era Vette Resto.

Post by NYCdragRacer »

Gary not sure what happened, you never updated this thread, but hoefully you get notifications on the topic.
I am very interested in seeing what you thought about the 47cc TS, I too have thought about putting in a 62cc TS case in a funny car.
Lets see some updates please.........