JB Weld products.

Post your tips and tricks for modification, manufacturing or substituting parts here.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

JB Weld products.

Post by PTModIT »

Has anybody used this stuff before to repair broken or missing pieces from the plastic parts on Raco cars.It's kind of late to be asking because I'am already using it.I was going through the parts box I got with the 2 Raco sprint cars and the Shock tower bulkhead was cut into really bad.I mean who does these thing.So I figured I wont find a replacement anytime soon,So I'am using this JB weld to build up the sections that were cut away.(who does this s#*t.).I didnt take a before pic because my daughter has my camera. So I'll take pics of what I've done so far later. It seems to be working.This is what was done to this bulkhead. The ribbing facing the motor was cut away.The bottom of the bulkhead where the aluminum blocks go the plactic was cut away in places. The biggest problem area is behind the throttle servo.He cut away about 3" between the shock towers and right around the curve also the hole slots for the bottom of the roll cage to mount was cut away,so I have to rebuild that so I can bolt it .Truly unbelieveable.
cryo-tek
1/4 scale guru

Re: JB Weld products.

Post by cryo-tek »

JB Weld works good. You’ll have to scuff up the surface and clean it with acetone or the JB Weld may not stick well. If you hit it repaired area with some black paint after, it won't look so repaired.

If your repair doesn’t work or it looks so bad you don't want to use it I have a spare bulkhead.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

It looks like he tried to put in a Stilh 25cc weedeater motor. It was in with the parts.I have no idea why when there is a Zenoah in the box. Looks like he want 3 extra cc.I really think this stuff will work,but its good to know that I can get another one.Thanks.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Here's what it looks like so far. Image. Image. Image.
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

I have had pretty good success using a plastic welder. I think harbor freight sells them cheap. I have some plastic sheets that a friend got me. I cut the pieces and melt it in. then I trim it with Xacto knives and Razor blades.
I also might just cut a piece of aluminum and fit in in across the whole area.
anytimerc

Post by anytimerc »

You can use Devcon plastic welder epoxy. then paint it black to match.