adaptor hubs info needed-HPI wheels to RACO jac-rabbit hubs

Post your tips and tricks for modification, manufacturing or substituting parts here.
B RALLY B

adaptor hubs info needed-HPI wheels to RACO jac-rabbit hubs

Post by B RALLY B »

Hi guys, im wanting to fit a a set of HPI 5T wheels/tyres to my jac rabbit coz cant find any q-scale wheels & semi-pneumatic tyres here in australia, has anyone done this? or knows of adaptors for sale?
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Re: adaptor hubs info needed-HPI wheels to RACO jac-rabbit h

Post by bentley marshall »

you will more than likely have to make something to fit them not sure whats on your axle now but hpi wheel hubs are held on to the shaft with a pin i think the center hole is 12mm ..
wouldnt be to hard to mod them to fit ...
B RALLY B

Post by B RALLY B »

Yea ive checked the hubs on my 5sc and it could be done but would prolly end up with the wrong off-set for what i need - raco wheels have centre off-set and hpi have forward off-set, and coz my raco stadium truck bod is so wide it wouldnt look rite ( and wheels could rub on the swing arms ect.) time to borrow my friends lathe i think lol!
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, I was wondering the same thing. A couple of weeks while my Baja was apart waiting for parts . I thought I would try it.I found that the bearing in the rear swing arms are the same size as the Baja axle hubs .But to be able to put that little pin through the axle you need to remove the inside bearing and the pin fits perfect. I would rather keep all the bearings.So you can either drill a new hole or buy the longer axle extension hubs.Because of the different rim offsets its almost the same stants. As for the front it can be done too.I can't remember exactly but you need to buy the front hubs and the carriers.I have the parts save in my favorites .Oh the Jack-Rabbit dogbones will fit but the slots in the Baja axle shafts will need to be widened.