Venomusss jacrabbit aluminum shock towers - review

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Venomusss jacrabbit aluminum shock towers - review

Post by MRS QSL »

http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/bb/v ... f=5&t=1353

After a long struggle, I was able to wrestle these goodies from Mr. QSL. Although I wasn't 100% certain what the box contained, it was clearly something quarterscale related judging from the lust in his eyes.

With the box open, I have to say I was impressed by the friendly note thanking me for my purchase (you're welcome) and a tip on where to find installation instructions (which I'd clearly be needing). The parts were packaged very nicely. With extra special care, I began unwrapping.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Bubble wrap. Oh boy! Pop. Pop. Oh. Wow! Did I mention wow? Seriously, wow. Words (and even the pictures) do not do these babies justice...red and shiny and just wow. Each piece is perfectly anodized and in such a brilliant color. The quality is beyond what one would expect. These seem to be very well made.

I plan to print out directions so I can begin installation tomorrow. Too bad I don't know exactly what these are or where to put them yet. That's what instructions are for, right (gulp).
Attachments
SAM_1196.jpg
SAM_1208.jpg
SAM_1210.jpg
SAM_1218.jpg
SAM_1222.jpg
SAM_1226.jpg
SAM_1230.jpg
SAM_1233.jpg
SAM_1237.jpg
SAM_1234.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Venomusss jacrabbit aluminum shock towers - review

Post by Mike Casey »

Its really too bad the pictures just dont show the quality of these very well. The finish is flawless. The price may seem high, but these are VERY nice parts. I cant wait to see them on my JR. Hopefully Julie can put them on tomorrow. She was complaining about having to cook dinner or some nonsense so she "claims" she could not do it tonight... hard to find good help these days i guess...
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

"She was complaining about having to cook dinner or some nonsense so she "claims" she could not do it tonight... hard to find good help these days i guess..."
Hey Casey....Man...... I be keeping an eye out on the blindside buddy, with statements like that!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

they are first polished then anodized. Pictures just cant show the quality of these.
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

QSL wrote:they are first polished then anodized. Pictures just cant show the quality of these.

I'm glad you like them. I can't wait to see them on your Jac-Rabbit! :D
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I gotta admit, i was a slight bit sceptical, but once i opened the box i knew these were going to be serious. Someone that takes that type of care to package something really has pride in what they are doing. Very nice work and tonight we should have them on or atleast started.
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

Doesn't look like installation is going to happen tonight. :( I was really excited about getting out there to work on the jacrabbit, but unfortunately I'm STILL at work and probably will be for another hour or so. Definitely tomorrow (knock on wood).
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

Making progress. Wasn't able to finish due to some unforeseen circumstances.

I'm finding the instructions shockingly easy to follow. The pictures make a huge difference as do the little slips of paper identifying each bolt size. I'm still in love with the color and quality of the parts. Only good things to report so far. Will hopefully have the time to finish tomorrow and post a complete review with pics (taken by Alyssa - thank you!).
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

Done stamp! It. Looks. Awesome!!

I want to say I did the entire installation all by myself, but alas there were a couple things I needed big, strong Mike for. He mallet whapped the frame bars out of the little black arm things. He also pulled back on those bars while I tightened the bolts on the clamps. Oh and he took the body off. Dumb as that sounds, the clips are tricky. I was able to manhandle my way through all the rest. That speaks volumes for the quality of the parts and the instructions. Very, very well done.

My only complaint (besides being tired, hungry and having a headache) is that tightening the screws on the clamps holding the body bars is TEDIOUS! Ugh! Had I owned a very short set of allen wrenches, it would've been quick and painless. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. This is in no way the fault of Venomusss.

I really, really wish a rear shock tower assembly was available. It would perfectly tie the front and back together and would therefore make it totally worth the additional cost.

The only teeny tiny thing I'd like to see done differently is the bolts, washers, spacers, etc. put in the little bag compartments in the order of usage. It would've cut down on the search time.

Bottom line: Everything went together with ease and makes a major addition to the appearance of the car. I really like this upgrade and wouldn't hesitate to do it again (with shorter wrenches).
Attachments
SAM_1251.jpg
SAM_1263.jpg
SAM_1295.jpg
SAM_1330.jpg
SAM_1340.jpg
SAM_1343.jpg
SAM_1348.jpg
SAM_1349.jpg
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

Glad to hear everything went smooth and you like them. :D

I have some plans for Rear Shock Towers........... They are pretty complicated. It costs so much to make the Shock Towers, I cannot imagine what the Rear Towers / Engine mount would cost.
:D
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

If you get the rear shock towers made and a price figured out, make sure you post on here. I'd LOVE to install them on the back. I'm sure I could find something of Mike's to sell to cover the cost. :lol:

I really wish the pictures did them justice. There is no way to get the color and quality captured. You really have to see these in person to truly appreciate them. You did an awesome job. Thanks!!!!