Homebuilding a car?

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Radical Ron

Homebuilding a car?

Post by Radical Ron »

A friend of mine started talking about making a 4th scale car from scratch, inspired bij de Stadiumtrucks. My question is, are the parts show still "easy" availeble. I mean the (skellenger) diffs or differnet brands. Any websites are apreciated.
Also does anybody has a website of other guys who started homebuilding a 4th scale car? thanks 8)
I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Welcome aboard! The skellenger rears are pretty hard to find. The raco ones though can be found easy and for cheap!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
staavos

Post by staavos »

HI,
i just got a frame from a new era stadiumtruck, the plan is to get parts or make them myself. So where are you from ?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

That may not be a new era frame. I just had jeff in arizona point out that the one I have is a QRS truck!! I know the frame you have has the exact same mounting points so it may be a different versionof the QRS?
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Radical Ron

Post by Radical Ron »

staavos wrote:HI,
i just got a frame from a new era stadiumtruck, the plan is to get parts or make them myself. So where are you from ?
Cool another Dutch guy, never thought I would meet them here :lol:
I live in Drunen, near 's-Hertogenbosch so that's not to far from Leerdam. Can you mail me some pictures of your frame? Maybe we can keep in touch by mail, I would like to follow your project. I have a marder and currently race a FG racetruck at the track in Rucphen.
staavos

Post by staavos »

That is cool, another person here in Holland. And yes not even that far from where i live, my email adres is on this site so just send me an email and i will send some pictures.
I have collected a bunch of car's over the years, i have 3 dwa's ( you can see those in the dwa section in this site ). And 2 yankees a kyosho ( yes they made a big scale car to ) and some FG cars. Ok i admit it must be some kind of addiction, but these car's are just to cool.
Right now i am searching for parts for the frame , or maybe i am going to make most of it myself. It is going to be a long process.
Radical Ron

Post by Radical Ron »

E-mail send! 8)
jackman

Post by jackman »

Ron,
when i built my car. just do the research and dont get frustrated .you can do it .
don't race it if you don't want someone or yourself to back you in the fence.