What's This Car worth?

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
RC_Feen

What's This Car worth?

Post by RC_Feen »

Found this car on ebay. Many of you have probably seen it. How much do you think it's worth? Would really like to have it but don't want to go over the top. Thanks!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

I dont know what its worth but i would say he probly wants 3 or 4 grand for it.
RC_Feen

Post by RC_Feen »

big maestro...your probably right. That's too far out of my reach. I heard a rumor that the company that baught out DELARA MOTORSPORTS will be making/selling quarter scale stock & outlaw cars come 2007. I'll have to find the post from another forum with this info.
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

I bid on the car and it did'nt meet reserve at 1775.00 so he wanted atleast more than that :lol:
RC_Feen

Company that baught Delara Motorsports

Post by RC_Feen »

Here is the thread I read about the company that baught Delara Motorsports that will be manufacturing and selling of cars, both sprint and stock, in early 2007. Hope this is true. Would really like to see a quarter scale trophy truck with a quick change rear end.
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Also I forgot to add, If the company your talking about is going to be building cars next year this is good. Only bad thing is that manufactures today dont have alot of room to really make thier car unique to the others they all have to be basiclly the same car with all the rules QSAC has. I like the way it was back in the day . The cars were awesome and you could tell the differeces in the cars. The basic design hasnt changed in I dont know how many years. QSAC did this to control cost I guess but this also ran manufactures out by the same deal. Cars back then with a quick change and all were not that much more than a new car today. I have a new WCM that was 1350 and a new Cat 5 I paid 1700. for.I think back in the day a fully equiped car with a full rollcage with skellenger rear and everything was only around 2195.
RC_Feen

Post by RC_Feen »

big maestro.. I bidded on it also. I just saw that the reserve wasn't met at $1775. I sure hope this company that baught DELARA MOTORSPORTS comes through with a reasonable priced quarter scale car.
RC_Feen

Post by RC_Feen »

Justed received a email from the guy that was selling the RARE DELARA 1/4 SCALE GRAND NATIONAL STOCK CAR on ebay. His reserve was $5,500. WOW :shock:
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

It will be interesting to see if these cars come out. I saw that the business was for sale, but they did not have the frame jigs and they dont have any rearends. Just to reproduce the rear would cost a boat load of money and I just dont think there is a market anymore for this stuff like it used to.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Oh yea, 5500 is waaaaaaay too much. I was surprised to see it hit over 1500 with the reserve not met yet. Dont get me wrong, great looking cars but thats nuts. Also, I think the market is getting soft for 1/4 scale right now, not that it was ever very strong. There is only a small handful of people in the world that are serious collectors.
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

Hello everyone:
I too bided on the car. I sent him an email asking him what he would sell it for, and the response was $5000. I'm getting a $500 discount. wow. the car is nice, but 5 gs, thats nuts. I emailed him back and told him that was nuts too.
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

this is the response I got from him..
THANKS!.......I GUESS THE GUY THAT BOUGHT IT, IS TOO THEN HUH?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

:D thats funny! There is no way someone paid that much. GN cars just dont get that much money. If they got 5k for it then my daytona coupe must be worth atleast 12k :wink:
Also, I was thinking last night about the Delara stuff. Why would someone buy them to reproduce them? They are 10yr old technology and there were no jigs, rears or even frames for that matter (Just 3 or 4 of them) You would be better off starting from scratch instead of spending 10's of thousands of dollars on old stock? I could be wrong, it will be interesting to see what 2007 brings.
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

delara

Post by Belfiore28 »

Gary Delara is a friend of mine i drove the very 1st sprint car he built and i just happen to be the powdercoater that did all those sprint cars chassis when they were in production.
i talked with Gary about 5 months ago and he was selling every thing for 50 grand .
he now lives in bakersfield Cali. and runs a Trucking co.
P.S. we all used to live in the Fresno area way back then
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Belfiore28, you have been holding out all this time? :D What other cool stories do you have? So you drove the first sprint car that Edelbrock eventually saw and got him interested in making sprint cars with Gary? Thats awesome!
Yea, when I spoke to him too thats what he wanted for the whole lot of stuff. He sent a CD with a lot of pictures. Lots of goodies there for a collector. I just was not sure if it was a good investment for a business.