Great idea!

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
K
Legacy Member

Great idea!

Post by K »

Mike:
Great idea to host a forum dedicated to 1/4 scale. Hopefully this will be a busy place :)
best regards,
kevin
JeffinAz

Post by JeffinAz »

I'm really happy to see that there is now a forum. Hopefully some of you old timers will start talking about some of the great racing that we used to have and some of the dirty tricks that were played There was more competition than in full sized racing
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Thanks guys! Please just be paitent I am sure it will take some time before things catch on. Please feel free to post anything you see fit. I check in a few times daily also.

Post by Guest »

JeffinAz wrote: ....and some of the dirty tricks that were played There was more competition than in full sized racing
Jeff: This sounds like fun already! :shock:
kevin@rcbike.com
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

jeff, tell the guys your story about the switching of tires that were not glued well. :D :D :D
JeffinAz

the tire switch

Post by JeffinAz »

Here's what my friend and I did to keep a certain person from being competetive in the main..he would keep them occupied while I would pull the switch on tire & rim combo..now understand these were foamies that are suppose to be properly glued to the rim..what I would do is take his tires & rim combo ..set them back in his box of tires & rims and leave him with another set of tires & rims that looked identical but only had 4 dots of glue around the outside..after keeping him occupied long enough the call for the main was going and he scrambled back to set his car back up..fired it up and it looked good until he took off..within the first lap the tires tore from the rim and the car went ass end into the wall..what he didn't know was all the tires he had ,now had been switched, boy was he pissed and he wasn't the only one we did it to !
MEMORIES WHAT A GREAT THING
K
Legacy Member

Re: the tire switch

Post by K »

JeffinAz wrote: ..... boy was he pissed and he wasn't the only one we did it to !
Jeff: Did you buy the guy a beer??
kevin@rcbike.com
JeffinAz

Post by JeffinAz »

Nope he didn't drink anything with alcohol in it . We did however give him our empty cans and so did every one else, he had a recycling business here in town.
I should also say that it wasn't uncommon to see someone have a great day of racing and then break something that they didn't have right before the main and sombody else who had the needed part or parts would loan or give him what he needed just to keep him racing.
Good racing Good people Great fun
JeffinAz

Post by JeffinAz »

Kevin i went to your site and i must say VERY NICE ! Great history and pics. I almost bought a DWA from a distrbutor in florida back in 1988 or 89 but the wait was around 5 weeks so i backed out (too impaitient) and have regretted it ever since.
I had a chance to watch the puppy run at the supernats in vegas and was sold , way too cool to watch ! :D
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Jeff:
Thanks for your kind comments about my bike site. Large scale car wise I'v only got 1/5 FG but I'm hoping to get plugged in to the vintage 1/4 scale scene through this forum. To tell you all the truth, I've had more fun with rc cars and bikes than I ever had with my 1/1 sports car (owned for 20 years)! Thing about these scale cars and bikes is you don't have to get under them to fix them, plus if you talk nicely to the missus you can even fix them in the kitchen :)
regards,
kevin@rcbike.com
Scott#65

Post by Scott#65 »

Hi All,
Nice lookin' discussion board!