Help identifying Raco Body Mounts

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Help identifying Raco Body Mounts

Post by Lovedr »

Hello:

can someone please tell me what these body mounts are called and where I can get them. any and all help will be greatly appreciated,

thanks
Attachments
photo3.JPG
photo2.JPG
photo.JPG
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Re: Help identifying Raco Body Mounts

Post by a187lbird »

I do not know what they are called but I think I have 4 of them. If I can remove them from my car without destroying them you are welcome to them. Are they threaded on the inside of the hole? And what are the dimensions?
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Ok I posted that without thinking... :oops: I meant to say how are the body screws held in the hole by threading, pressure , or just loose. Once I get home I will see what I have and compare it to your photos.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
BlownDragFreak

Post by BlownDragFreak »

Yes these are Called Quarter Turn Fastners and can be purchased at S&W Racecars at there website. The buttons come in different lenghts for different reaches. Hope this Helps :)
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

or dzus fasteners. spruce aircraft has them
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

thank you guys for all the help! a187lbird, the way they are mounted in the hole/body is by having 2 different diameter thickness(see 2nd pic) so I don't think you can take them out without damaging the fastener and/or the body. I'm guessing there is a special way to mounting them that creates the outer thicker diameter and therefore the fastener ends up fixed to the body. if my assumption is wrong, someone please clarify.

thanks
BlownDragFreak

Post by BlownDragFreak »

Lovedr, The button fastner that goes in the body is usually made to be a snug fit but over time the hole dia. wears itself and the button fastner becomes loose on the hole.In most cases(ie Drag Racing) we just pull the Buttons out and relpace back when done doing any type of underbody chassis work. I hope this helps to answering your Question. :mrgreen:
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

BlownDragFreak, I really appreciate your help! Im not talking about the hole in the body, I'm talking about the fastener itself. if you were to look closely on the 2nd pic, you can see that I couldn't pull out the fastener without either breaking the body or the fastener. the part of the fastener that mounts to the spring has(I guess over time) stretched and became bigger therefore holding itself in the body.
BlownDragFreak

Post by BlownDragFreak »

Lovedr, Very sorry for the misunderstanding on my part :( .I see what you are refering to now,from the looks the ears on the button have spread themselves open wider(sometimes due to over tightening and twisting to hard over time).You should be able to pinch the button ears closed in but you may want to get some new ones so when they are twisted in the locked position they will be a nice and tight fit. :)
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

BlownDragFreak, I'm glad you understand me now. And thank you for all your help
BlownDragFreak

Post by BlownDragFreak »

You welcome, I had one of those DAHHHHH!!!! Moments :o .If I may be of any help in the future please feel free to pm .
quartermortar

Post by quartermortar »

You can also find them on ebay. They are Dzus fasteners.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Ok well I found mine but they are in not so great shape so you are probably better off buying new ones, I found them all over the internet for around 10 bucks for the whole kit of 3 or 4 fasteners.
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

thanks guys for all your help!