Interesting Jeron Pics

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Interesting Jeron Pics

Post by Mike Casey »

I was doing some research on a car I have and found these on the net. I have never seen these pics before, so I thought I would share here!
Attachments
JERON RARE PICS.jpg
MASERATI.jpg
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Interesting Jeron Pics

Post by Mike Casey »

wow!!!
Attachments
collection.jpg
jercoll.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Bonhams actually sent me a beutiful color catalog when they put the stuff up for auction. Its very nice and has some history in it.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

dtw wrote:
Jeron #1.jpg
This is what I mean. I can save them by splicing sections together, but I can't get them to save all in one go from that link above. Anyone know a better way to save the large files as they are.

No DTW it is a flaw in the picture viewer, so there is no way to save them as a complete picture without zooming out. But then the quality drops because the image is rendered to the specific window size.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Funky, your also looking at unfinished prototypes. The GTO was not released to the public. This is the only one out there so its a little rough. I am going to pull one of my cars out of storage this week. I will post some high res photos.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

pulled this out yesterday. I think I am going to start cleaning her up. This is serial number 2 and only one was made this way as it was a special order.
Attachments
MAS0001.jpg
MAS0005.jpg
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

Yes that is a special one! Jeron made a run of five ferrari, mercedes,alfa romeo,lancia and maserati! . Sum say six cause of the maserati wit the louvers, but its the same just with more louvers ! Beautiful car!
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

to me the Mercedes and the alfa are my favorites, just works of art! the grilles and louvers are just beautiful not to mention the bodys as a whole, will try to post sum detail pics so you guys can see where im cuming from I also have tons of photos and negatives that ron sent me back in the day , and the vcr tapes (yes vcr tapes ron sent me back in tha day) got those converted to dvd will post them as soon as I figure that out, I think I post sum in this site sum where , the dual tank lancia is also stunning in 1/4 scale, ron put the locking fuel filler caps on sum like mine and others the usual filler cap. im working on an area 51 project now that might compare to these beauties but never match em ! I think im the only guy that runs mine !
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

That lancia was for sale in a gallery in coral gable Fla years ago ! Been trying to track it down! Dunno what happened to it?remember talkin to ron about it when he did it, the car looks stunning in person!
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

I tried but they wanted a ridiculous amount of money! I almost slapped the guy! the guy ran sum phony history on me( he didn't know I knew about the cars) he probably thought I was sum rich dope lookin to decorate his man cave or sumtin
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

notice the gas caps on mine on the side tanks
Attachments
jeron3.jpg
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Re:

Post by jayhurrikane »

jayhurrikane wrote:notice the gas caps on mine on the side tanks
also this one uses the composite material for the body work
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

when I first ran my jerons in the early 90s one broke down! I quickly found out that ron didn't use joints in the rear half shafts with locking pins! ron quickly remedied it, all cars after that had grubs screws installed to lock in pins, ron told me he didn't expect no one to run em like I did, but was glad I did and problem solved, now I don't wreck em but they are made to run!