Best looking Sprintcar?

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Re: Best looking Sprintcar?

Post by Bobby Dodger »

OK, I was gonna hold off posting photos until I get the cars the way I want em, but in the spirit of things here's me direct drive Gilmer Kawasaki. I'm working on putting a Saito twin into another Gilmer.

Cheers
Rick F
Attachments
IMG_1744.JPG
IMG_1741.JPG
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

This Edelbrock Delara is mine but it was built by another forum member. Planning a new paint job and a few other in-keeping tweaks. Will take some proper photos when done

Cheers
Rick F
Attachments
IMG_1779.JPG
IMG_1775.JPG
IMG_1771.JPG
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

This is a chain drive WCM I picked up from another forum member, no changes planned but to run the bugger. I like the lettering.

Cheers
Rick F
Attachments
IMG_1754.JPG
IMG_1753.JPG
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

My cars are nothing special compared to some of those presented above. But if we are talking about the best looking sprinter (and we can include midgets), then we can't overlook Don Edmunds' stunning quarter-scale midgets.

Cheers
Rick F
Attachments
file.jpg
file.jpg (31.58 KiB) Viewed 11816 times
IMG_0236.JPG
file-1.jpg
file-1.jpg (35.01 KiB) Viewed 11816 times
edmunds1.jpg
edmiunds2.jpg
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

More Edmunds midgets. Something to shoot for, wot? Apologies if these have been posted before, but they are always worth a look.

Cheers
Rick F
Attachments
IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0242.JPG (38.31 KiB) Viewed 11816 times
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0240.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG
IMG_0238.JPG
IMG_0237.JPG
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

As Dan did a "shameless free plug" for one of his cars, I think I should do the same. I never tire of gazing at this Pacesetter sprintcar....

a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

But I love the banner girl... :oops: :D
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

OK lets see best looking girl with a sprint car... :D

Cheers
Rick F
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Here's mine. It's a made in Australia MiniMax. The car has quite a history. It was built for owned by Brett Finucane, I believe at the end of 2003 or the beginning of 2004. MiniMax cars were designed by Peter McKenzie and I believe he built about ten per year. The car was his first new design crossbar style. It looks scale and is strongly built; it has arguably the only proper working rear end in the world. The components may not all be good looking but they are made to work and not sit on the shelf; in short it’s a genuine race car.

In it’s time it ran back to back in Australia against the latest and greatest belt drive cars and it held its own. It was designed to run on dirt and it does so very well. It's powered by a Zenoah 70 which works just as well as the later 23's. The frame is 4130 and beautifully tig welded. The car is fitted with a Terry Bennett differential which has straight cut gears (very strong, as compared with Skellenger for example) Earlier versions of the Terry Bennett differentials were reportedly prone to running hot, but the differential in car doesn't because it's been properly aligned and shimmed.

Brett Finucane eventually sold the car to Trevor Keir (Trevor used to manufacture 'Bulldog' wheels). Before handing the car over to Trevor, Brett set it up, ran it and semi stripped it to put in a travel bag so that Trevor cold take it with him as hand luggage on his trip from Australia to the UK. Trevor's flight included a layover in San Francisco, where the car was confiscated for being 'inappropriate hand luggage' (maybe it still smelled of gasoline). The car spent many months stuck in customs before being released for shipment (at great expense) to the UK.

I bought the car from Trevor at the end of 2008 and had it shipped to Dubai where I was living at the time. In mid 2009 I returned to Canada and shipped the car to Toronto.

While the car belonged to Trevor it was finished in a 'South African' theme (Trevor being of South African origin) which I rather liked. Unfortunately Trevor lost one of the side panels so when I acquired the car I made new panels and a new theme for it. At the time someone I worked with commented about my model car hobby along the lines of 'playing with model cars again ....... you'll never grow up'. This is where the Pan Racing theme came from; as a small child the story of Peter Pan had been a favourite of mine, and as we all know Peter would never grow up. By the way, the tires are still dirt stained from its time competing in Australia.

There’s a picture of the car on page 3 of this thread as it was when Brett Finucane owned it, it’s finished in a light blue color, there’s a white number 3 on the wing.

I’m not offering up my car as ‘best looking sprint car’, however having said that its ‘sister car’ number 20 pictured below , which was built as an SSME Quarter Scale Speedway raffle prize, would certainly be in the running. I think the wings for this car were provided by Bob Jeffreson and Bob assisted in putting the car together.

K
IMG_5419_1132x800_1024x724.JPG
Attachments
tl6.jpg
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

K,
Not sure if you have seen this photo. It's your sprinter in its South African livery. That's me in the checkered hat explaining its finer points to a punter! His expression tells me he's lost my plot!
Behind your car is the # 20 you posted above. Cars were on Display at Sydney Speedway during a full-size sprintcar show.

bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Multi Australian Champion, Robert Coombs of Victoria, always present beautiful sprintcars.
Here are a couple of examples......

K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Bob, thanks for posting the picture of he car in RSA livery. I really liked the car like this, it's a shame Trevor lost one of the side panels.

K
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

From Queensland Australia, the Williams brothers Team cars...
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

What about this Pacesetter....