Best looking Sprintcar?

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Re: Best looking Sprintcar?

Post by bobjeffreson »

As Dan said,
"Mate thanks really goes out to all those who have contributed the photos in the first place, among others Mike Casey, Brad, Rick F, Billy M, Emilio, Chief, Robert C, Alan Lovin and countless others of the Forum, not to me. Without their contribution there wouldn't be much to look at."
I agree Dan....Where would our 1/4 scale photo collections be without these wonderful people and I have nowhere near the number you have!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Dan
Mate where did you get this pic? I'm certain I took this shot in Adelaide, Penfield Model Park Easter 1999. That was the year I won my 1st National Title.
These are Robert Coombs' cars. As I recall he ran one and his step-son ran the other #11 car.

Again... where did you get the pic of the 3 Orange cars. I took this photo at LQSS in the early 2000s. The Team was run by Jeff Griffith, my travelling companion to the Knoxville Sprintcar Nationals in the USA in 2010 and 2011
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

One of my favourite pictures of a Sprint Car in action:

K
Attachments
IMG_0001.jpg
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

K,
That pic is from LQSS.
Here are some more of how a quarter scale sprintcar should look on dirt....

rac92

Post by rac92 »

Dan,
you may be right as a lot of photos were in the australianspeedway.com?... 1/4 scale gallery. I will have a look and see what I can find!?
rac92

Post by rac92 »

Dan, will have a look tomorrow as have photos in a cupboard in the garage untouched for some time! Also Bob, that photo must have been taken after 2000 as has A1 on top wing of the #3 car but most certainly Penfield so I'm guessing 2001?
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Robert,
I will defer to your memory as being correct, as mine is not quite up to scratch these days due to my recent health conditions! I just amazed that Dan has a copy and I cannot find one in my collection.
BTW... australianspeedway.com was my website, all those years ago. And I have nothing from that site, as I recall!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

I think my brain has gone completely, as the site was australianquarterscalespeedway.com.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Robert,
My brain is not quite what it used to be, but I do recall loading a whole lot of photos on Bruce's site
australianspeedway.com in the Gallery. I seem to have lost all those photos and I cannot imagine why... they just have gone.
Maybe on an old hard drive I'm suspecting!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

A couple more..

bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

Bob/DTW - are these Sprint Car bodies and wings custom made or are there companies that sell body kits? I'm new to the Sprint Cars and made my own body out of Lexan. Now that I have the patterns, I can make something a little nicer and more in line with the awesome pictures you've both posted. Thanks for the insite and huge volume of photos, they are a great reference and will motivate me to start a new body and add some color this time.
Attachments
Sprint 005.jpg
Sprint 002.jpg
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Hey c,
Mate thanks for the kind words. Not sure about your part of the wold, however here in Australia there are numerous members of the 1/4 scale scene that produce bodies and wings.
Here is an example of the wings I produced prior to my recent bout with Cancer.

bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Mr Terry Bennett,
This man has built more than a 100 1/4 scale sprintcars in Australia. Terry also built the first Australian made quick-change rear end, on sale down here 14 years ago!
I have 2 of those rear ends! Terry's cars originally came with a worm drive, from a Victa lawn mower.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Rick F asked...
"OK lets see best looking girl with a sprint car... :D "

Well he is my contribution to that...My club LQSS, put on a display at our local sprintcar track some years ago. I managed to get these young ladies who work as PR at the track, to pose in front of our cars. No matter how hard I talked, I cold not get them to remove those jackets and reveal their bikini tops....darn... they looked great without those jackets.
Anyway, this shot was better than nothing!

Here you go Rick..