U-joints ?

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
gearhed

U-joints ?

Post by gearhed »

Just curious were you have sourced U-joints from. Looking to fit 1/4" shaft or 12 mm, will spin up to motor speed, around 13,000 RPM I think. Thanks.
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Re: U-joints ?

Post by CALracing »

McMaster-Carr. single and double joint
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

McMaster-Carr....Hmmm...
I went through a very interesting situation some time back, with that Company, when I wanted to purchase some goods. I'd had a recommendation regarding them, from someone in the USA. I went to their on-line catalogue and found what I was after. Even with shipping to Australia, it worked out cheaper to buy from McMaster-Carr. I duly ordered the pieces, paid by card and received a confirmation email. 24 hours later I received another email, telling me that according to "US Government regulations", they were unable to fulfill my order and refunded my money. What ........HUH!
Totally perplexed, I emailed them back, trying to discover what regulations I would be breaking with my purchase and was told in a very terse reply that ended with ......
"it related to strict US anti-terrorism laws and the overseas shipping of said product." Yeah right! Glad we cleared that up!!!!!
I replied...... quote You're F**king kidding unquote. No reply, as I expected.
Pissed off.... I phoned a mate in Mississippi. He ordered the pieces from McMaster-Carr and shipped them to Australia for me, all within 7 days. All good.
BTW... that product that caused so much of a problem for McMaster-Carr.
10 x 1/2 inch ID, single split collars, to locate axles on some cars I was restoring.
Obviously the part of choice for terrorists......I hear you say....
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

McMaster-Carr
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

I have an account w/McMasters so if you need something Bob let me know, but only if your not terrorist. :roll: :lol:
gearhed

Post by gearhed »

Thanks for the suggestion.