My brushless conversion

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
X-ray man

My brushless conversion

Post by X-ray man »

Hey guys, I know it is far from the traditional Yankee but I just wanted a change. I decided to convert my f1 to brushless, although you can't beat the sound, smell and feel you get from driving a true engine, this thing is even more amazing to drive now. The power from take off and just the sheer speed of this car really has put a grin on my face..I am currently running a 980kv motor, I had a 1340kv and the car is just insane, I need to hook up my digital brake servo for manual brake or stoping will be pretty hard to do in a short distance with the use of the 1340kv. Maybe I will convert her back one day but for now I'm liking the change..I hope posting a brushless conversion is not inappropriate for this site because I know there is a lot of gasser history here.. If so I apologize just wanted to share ..thanks for taking a look ImageImageImageImage
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: My brushless conversion

Post by Mike Casey »

very nice. Clean setup there!!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
X-ray man

Post by X-ray man »

Thanks Mike..appreciated
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Excellent conversion
cryo-tek
1/4 scale guru

Post by cryo-tek »

Very nice :)
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Very cool. Are you running two 4s ? I run some 1/4 scale electric cars for drag racing, but getting away from Castle as their reliability is not like it used to be. 1300kv would be insane. I'm running 750kv and its fast.
X-ray man

Post by X-ray man »

Hey thanks guys for the response.. Yes sir I am running two 4s in series. I'm going back to the 1300kv once my brake servo arrives. Looking forward to really pushing the car bit, my main concern is just to get better rear traction.. I have to tinker around a bit and see if the traditional cures for oversteer will work in my case, of course taking into consideration my driving habits. Hey if anyone can offer advice it's welcome because this is my first 1/4 scale..thanks again