Dan Wilson sells up...

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Dan Wilson sells up...

Post by bobjeffreson »

Last Saturday a truck pulled into dtw's house and was loaded with 99% of his collection, that has taken years to acquire. A person unknown to Dan, or to the 1/4 scale fraternity down here, wanted to buy the entire collection and accepted the quoted price.
Seems like Dan is gone from this hobby for good. Sad news really!
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Re: Dan Wilson sells up...

Post by CALracing »

Sorry to hear that.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Wondered what happened to Dan! I assumed that he was getting out when he was one of the admin here and cancelled his user name months ago, so I guess I am not surprised.

When I cut down my collection it was a real weight lifted off my back. I now spend more time doing other things I love! Heck, I am in the garage right now building our full size daytona coupe and loving it!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Bummer
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Dan did not cancel himself I deleted him when I was administrator for a few weeks,I should have given it much thought before doing so, but people who know me, know that I pull the trigger before I speak or think then regret it dearly shortly after.

I came back to this site for a couple of reasons, one, to try and rekindle a fire that has been dampened by the, "behind the scene drama" (god knows we are all guilty for this) and two, I really never got to know the new owner Al who seems genuine to the hobby.

Dan will be missed from this site and hobby as he was a major contributor, and for those who think he was not important think again, If this trend continues who will we share our interests with, people who don't care? And lets not forget Mike Ogle.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I agree he contributed some great photos. I don't think anyone said he was not important... However, you can't pick on the guy for wanting to get out if that was his choice.

I went through this when I started selling my collection. I had people emailing me saying I was stupid for selling the stuff and even some with the "How dare you send that stuff overseas to never be seen again". It was my choice and I felt it was no ones business as to who I sold any of my items to.

Looking back, I can honestly say that I made the right choice to let that stuff go. I don't regret it one bit. I enjoyed it while I had it and I enjoyed the hunt. But it was time for me to move onto other interests.

As for the drama portion, that is a challenge and its something that unfortunately plagues this hobby like no other. Mike O, told me over the years I was way too leaniant on members. He would warn me about what would happen if I continued to let these people post on this site. Unfortunately, my stance was to always give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Sorry to say, Mike was right. The site at one time turned into a breading ground for bottom feeders that spread rumors, treated members with little to no respect and violated the hobby in general. I feel a lot of the really good members got sick of this and moved on... In fact, that was one of the major factors in my decision to step back, not to mention the reason for shutting down the site as I was not at a point in my life where I was willing to deal with that aspect of this hobby anymore.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

I know I'm no angel and have gotten manipulated very easily (my fault) but I hear you loud and clear Mike.