Grand Motorsports ????

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Grand Motorsports ????

Post by PTModIT »

I just clicked on Mike Ogles website Grand Motorsports and it says not in business.
spicerracing

Re: Grand Motorsports ????

Post by spicerracing »

PTModIT wrote:I just clicked on Mike Ogles website Grand Motorsports and it says not in business.
He shut the doors on Grand motorsports. ....I talked to him abot 1 month ago.......he said hes looking at non rc interests.

Rccarkings.com has all the inventory left over....

Robert
original founder of the super soft 1/4 scale drag tires......
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Sorry to hear that. Hope all is OK with him.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
quartermortar

Post by quartermortar »

Just thought i would throw this out there. Mike Ogle was responsible for a lot of good things in quarterscale. All for the love of it. No money expected. Case in point is the funny car bodys. I still have a couple of funny car(MRO) bodies on a couple cars. I have a front engine dragster body that mike built the mold for. You have to make a plug and then a mold and then a body to really appreciate the effort . Then there is the thing that I appreciate the most. Mike Ogle is the reason that quartermortar exists. Mike Ogle thought it would be a good idea for me to start building cars to sell. Mike sent me the information to build the first quartermortar pan cars. He was always there to bounce ideas off of. He did all the art work for me and he also put me in touch with the right people to get info or answers from. There is no hall of fame in this sport but if there was he would be more than entitled to a spot in it. I am trying to grow the drag racing part of quarter scale. I do know how much easier it would be is Mike was involved.. Not having Mike to bounce ideas off of is my loss. This is some of the Mike Ogle story as i saw it. It goes without saying but i am going to say it anyway. I do miss Mike Ogle and i wish he was still here
John Foster
quartermortar
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

Maybe If you guys shipped out of the USA your business would grow.
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Post by PaulSongas »

Roy Anderson (founder, original owner) and Mike Ogle (took over in about 2005 or so) shipped everywhere. They sent tons of stuff to Australia.
NHRA # P582
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Jay C wrote:Maybe If you guys shipped out of the USA your business would grow.
I agree, i think they did ship out of the country. Kits were small and light.

If you talking about QM, his cars are huge and heavy. I also believe he is slammed with business.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

I love Mike.O. He sent me a bag full of hex head screws no charge and paid the shipping! He's a great role model for this sport.