WCM 2 Speed Transmission

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

WCM 2 Speed Transmission

Post by 63350vette »

I just bought (on line, I haven't received it yet,) a WCM Dragster with the 2 Speed Belt Driven Transmission.
Can anyone send me a link for literature (parts breakdown, adjustment...) on the car and the transmission?
Also, the engine is not a Zenoah, I can't see the Mfg from the pictures, but the Model# is: P-354.
I wanted to replace the stock exhaust manifold with a matched tuned pipe for this engine but have no clue as to which pipe will fit and also be compatable with this engine.
Any help that you can provide would be deeply appreciated!!!
I have 2 Raco's ( a GN and an IndyCar,) and both came with 22cc Zenoah Engines...

Thanks!!!

Chris
CCLZ2001@HOTMAIL.COM
718-679-1020
vwguru75
1/4 scale guru

Re: WCM 2 Speed Transmission

Post by vwguru75 »

Your engine is a 35cc petco/us engines/quadra type engine.

As far as the trans info....I believe someone, perhaps Mike , had posted a mamual for the two speed some time ago on here.

Hope this helps.
Craig's List..............eBay for people that can't spell.
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

Thank you!
Any idea as to what tuned pipe I can couple to the engine?

THanks,

Chris
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

Also could you ask Mike if he could re-post or e-mail me the literture on the 2 speed as I don't know how to contact him...

Thanks again!!!

Chris
CCLZ2001@HOTMAIL.COM
hotrodz
Legacy Member

Post by hotrodz »

Chris,
Here is the best way I have found to set up the WCM 2 Speed:
There is an access hole on the 2 speed hub, to access the adjustment screw for each Teflon clutch shoe. These 2 screws pass through springs that keep the shoes compressed to each other and the clutch shaft. Turn the adjustment screws all the way in...the clutch shoes will be "locked" and can't expand to engage. It's best to run the car to set up the 2 speed with a load on it. Setting it up on the bench doesn't work well...you need to have a load on the car to set proper shift points. Turn each screw out a couple turns for your initial run...making sure you back each screw off equally. If the tranny doesn't shift, back the screws out equally another turn...if it shifts early...screw them in equally. Play around with the adjustments 'til ya find the "sweet spot" :)

L8R...Ron
Attachments
014.JPG
016.JPG
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

Thanks Ron!
Could you recommend a tuned pipe for the 35cc petco/us engines/quadra type engine I have coupled to the transmission?
I have 2 Raco's both with 22cc Zenoah engines, I have no experience with this 35cc...

Thanks again!!!

Chris
hotrodz
Legacy Member

Post by hotrodz »

QuarterScale Connection made pipes for the WCM Pro Stock drag cars many years ago...he is long gone now. He also made a third gear tranny that fit on the rear axle.
You can get airplane headers from Mac's or B&B (Bennett) for Quadra that will fit the engine...then find a pipe for a 35cc engine that will work in your application. Also, I see tuned pipes at DDM for the new Zenoah RC320 engines...you could re-flange one of those to fit the Petco. The trick will be to find one that will fit your chassis. Post pics of your car when you receive it!

L8R...Ron
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

Okay Ron, will do,

Thasnks again!!!

Chris
jean phi
1/4 scale guru

Post by jean phi »

Hi,
How the 2nd speed work?
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

Haven't received the car yet, it's on the UPS Truck for delivery today.
I won't be able to try the car out for a while. I'm pretty sure that I'll have to send the rims/tires out to BRP for new
tires as the previous owner told me that they are dry rotted.
I will go through the whole car and add my radio gear, with 2 young ones here at home I might not make a pass until next Spring!