Just want to say thanks.

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Just want to say thanks.

Post by Emilio »

Hi all, I haven't really seen any topics on this subject but feel I should start one at least for my own sake. I want to thank Al (for the present) and Mike.C (for the past) for providing the forums for members to have somewhere to share their interest with others, but this topic is mainly for the "For sale"section that is being taken for granted (at least that is how I feel) Recently I just sold my New Era Monster truck that I had on ebay which sold on QSL (No fees) and not on ebay, so the least I can show is my gratitude to say thanks to these guys for past and present. Thank you again.

Emilio
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Re: Just want to say thanks.

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Thanks Emilio, Al
Chriszilla

Post by Chriszilla »

Cheers to that, there will always be the good with the bad as with any forum but overall its a great resource and community
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

Yes i agree!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

It cost me $350.00 dollars in ebay fees and some small paypal change for selling my Gilmer, disgusting and I'll never learn.
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

That's because most people put stuff on ebay to get the absolute max dollar for what they have. You would think in a group like we are people would offer things here first at a reasonable deal. That way it stays with the forum and the guys here get a deal. Then post it on ebay if nobody is interested. Instead of paying the high fees give a guy here a break on the price and it helps both.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Well said big maestro! Paypal fees and shipping is high enough, add in FleeBay fees and now the price is out of control. Al
lalacurf121

Post by lalacurf121 »

You would think in a group like we are people would offer things here first at a reasonable deal.
sbobet666
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

The problem with offering things for sale here sometimes is that people get pissed they did not get something and think that there are back door PM deals going on. The nice thing about eBay and letting the auction run its course... is its completely transparent.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

My formula for selling on QSL is, first comes first serve and take it from there. If the buyer wants it for the price I'm asking, that's the price I will want first, even if I get a 100 offers for more $. My morals lay strong on first dibs. Sadly for me, ebay is a "can't live with" or "live without" relationship :(
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Mike Casey wrote:The problem with offering things for sale here sometimes is that people get pissed they did not get something and think that there are back door PM deals going on. The nice thing about eBay and letting the auction run its course... is its completely transparent.

I agree with Mike on this one.... It really doesn't matter who puts it up for sale, people will think what they think in regards to back door sales..... eBay is a great tool to get the most money for you product and give everyone here as well as the rest of the world a chance to buy it..... As for keeping it n the community. the sale on eBay may generate another newby to this small community.. As for the sale here on this site......I could watch the post appear right in front of my eyes ..... Fire a response to thread and still not get a chance to buy it.... Because we all know all to well what the typical response would be......if you didn't get it....... Sorry .... This guy PM(d) me first....and we get pissed off because we missed out... And..here's were the problem is.......how do I know if I was the first person to PM or not. That's were the lack of transparency comes in....

My take.