RC4wd Tires

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Lovedr
Legacy Member

RC4wd Tires

Post by Lovedr »

Hello:

Im thinking of getting these tires for my ST but not sure how to make them work. they are 3.8" where the wheels in 1/4 scale are 4". are they close enough to work? also, what can I fill them with to make them function appropriately. any input will be greatly appreciated.

http://store.rc4wd.com/Interco-Super-Sw ... _2951.html
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: RC4wd Tires

Post by Mike Casey »

Yes, but they are constructed of really thin rubber. If you were to drive with them, they would likely tear and maybe balloon up. They look excellent though if you want to use for static display.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

hey Mike:

thanks for the response. so they will fit the 4" wheels? I just want to confirm. also, are u aware that these are larger than the ones you had so do you think they are still too thin to run? is the rubber too soft on these? Also, will a tube work in these?

thanks
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I see, i did not realize they were the bigger ones. The rubber was really soft and would easily stretch without deforming. Using a tube would support it better then foam, but I still think they are too thin. I have always been happy with my purchases from them, i would give it a shot.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!