1/4 Scale Equation???

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
hotrodz
Legacy Member

1/4 Scale Equation???

Post by hotrodz »

For those members that don't know when your 1/4 scale collection is complete, I have come up with this simple formula...(n+1)...where n = (the current number of vehicles in your collection) :)
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Re: 1/4 Scale Equation???

Post by bobjeffreson »

HA HA,
That seems to be close to the formula I've used over the last 17 years. The current count is 12, meaning I've gone some years, without adding to the collection.
Does that mean I've got some catching up to do, if I'm working on something close to n + 1 + 1 per year.
Is that the way it works?
hotrodz
Legacy Member

Post by hotrodz »

LOL...now you're getting into complex math Bob...I'm gonna need to remove my socks to factor the number of years into rhe equation.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Mate,
I await your new complex formula!
When I purchased my 1st quarter scale sprint car in 1998, I told my wife I was only getting 1 car, as they were expensive.
Now she looks at my collection and thinks back to that day. I tried to soothe that 'wife look' with the explanation that's " it's due to the exponential factor that unknowingly affects all collectors and over which they have no control".
She walked off smirking and muttering something that sounded remarkable like "sure d!ckhead", although I cannot be sure. :?
She still loves me after 44 years together, so I'm OK. I'll try an explain your formula and the sockless upgrades to her, when you complete the equation. That way I can spread the blame.
Bob
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, I have 12. Starting with a Jac-Rabbit then a WCM GN around 1989-1990. Then 10 more starting around 2008. I built 2 myself. A GN style car in the early 90's and a dragster in 2009.
lanegc

Post by lanegc »

I enjoy building my cars vs. buying them. I currently have 7 drag cars and 1 drag bike in my collection. Due to space limitations a car must be sold or used as a parts source for a new build. Hotrodz, I really like your VW altered Where did you get the body ??
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I had over 200 and now downsized to 10. I need a different formula!!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
hotrodz
Legacy Member

Post by hotrodz »

lanegc,
The VW Altered body was an old Yankee piece.
lanegc

Post by lanegc »

Thanks !